Banksia - Big Chess Database
This is a chess database viewer, including a very large database which is over 4.2 million human games and a large database of puzzles (mate in 1 and 2).
- Free but include much larger database almost all other commercial iPhone / iPad chess databases
- good tools for enjoying, practise chess
- Choose between several board/piece sets
- Easy to control
- Rich functions
- Good graphics, hight alternative
- Include a very big chess database - over 4.2 million games
- Include a large chess puzzle of mate in 1 and 2 (over 6 thousand puzzles)
- Search/Filter games by players, events, sites or Opening (ECO)
- Add search system
- React for loading new database, filtering faster
- Support iPhone 5's screen
Ratings and Reviews
It's almost what I'm looking for, but I don't see any way to enter your own variations on a game.
Chess database app
I really like this app. I was able to figure most of the functions easily. The auto play feature is a bit fast. It was like watching a 1 minute game. Needs to allow some speed adjustment. My main criticism is not with the app itself but with game information. Seems a lot of guessing was done on the player names. I could find my games from the 1992 US Open but the names were wrong. My first name was incorrect and one of my 2 opponents was as well. Also the event is not listed. Most databases have my first initial since the I used my first and middle initials. A habit I picked up from the old chess books I read ( like J R Capablanca ). All of my tournament score sheets are labeled that way. Unfortunately the middle initial was dropped in the daily bulletin. But that does not excuse altering the name entirely. I really think a better job of maintaining the information should have been done. Since this is not the fault of the software it will not affect my rating.
Missing is an engine.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.