The epic award winning story-based role-playing game continues its emotional journey across a breaking world.
Lead your Viking clans across hostile country on the brink of collapse. Make bold leadership decisions, manage resources wisely and strike skillfully in battle to survive another day in the harsh wild.
Experience the epic story that took the indie gaming world by storm in Banner Saga 2!
KEY GAME FEATURES
• Hand-drawn visuals – Gorgeous 2D combat sequences, animations and effects
• The saga continues – Carry on your story and choices from The Banner Saga or jump into the adventure from scratch with pre-set character options.
• Viking mythology – A truly epic setting inspired by real Viking myths
• Tactical combat – Improved, turn-based battles demand precision and strategy
• RPG upgrades – Level up your characters’ stats and unlock devastating new moves
• Hard choices – Choose wisely in and out of battle as danger lurks around each corner
• Real consequences – Permanent loss of characters will weigh heavy on your mind
• New characters and a new race – New faces, including the new Horseborn race, join your epic journey
• Manage your caravan - Your role in building and managing your caravan is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization
• Evocative score - Soundtrack by Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
Struggle for survival in a brutal and breaking world in Banner Saga 2, the merciless strategy role-playing game where your choices really matter.
Download Banner Saga 2 and begin your epic journey today.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Improve text readability and UI size on small high density screens (iPhone 7, iPhone 6+, etc...). The size is adjustable in device's Settings App.
Fixed missing Russian, Portuguese, and Spanish subtitles during cutscenes in Survival Mode
Eyeless cinematic will now play properly
Fixed some missing/corrupted assets
Added localizations for settings
Ratings and Reviews
The same thought popped into our head again and again while playing Banner Saga 2: We’re gonna remember this game. The gripping story. The thrilling turn-based battles. The heroes we lost in our struggle against the Dredge. Epic in every way, it’s a beautiful and heart-rending adventure.
Great game, better than the first
The story has some real weight to it. You really feel like the world is ending and you feel even more powerless when your choices end up killing clansmen, and even worst, when one of your decisions permakills one of your hero characters. The battles push you harder and further than the battles in the first game. Some abilities have been added and some like the shieldmaster(or what ever the class is called) have been nerfed but are still viable. The new hero and enemy types add some welcome variety. I loved the training challenges in camp throughout the story. Have not played survival yet but the base game is good enough. Wish the third was on here, and for a lot of people that is a deal breaker, but this game is great as a stand alone. It has a good amount of replay ability.
The music is just as good as the first, the artwork is great too.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed the game so much to give such in depth and great feedback. While we don't have current plans to port the third game to mobile, we hope to do so in the future! We'll be posting the announcement on our social media channels (@BannerSaga) once we have a timeline for this. Thank you again for your support!
Very enjoyable game, but you cannot finish the story...
This is a wonderfully engaging game with a great story, fun gameplay, wonderful music, and beautiful art. I really enjoyed the different ways you can develop your characters, the different strategic requirements of the battles, and most of all, the really engaging story. It isn’t often that you see a game where the decisions really matter and you have so much freedom to find your way through a story.
HOWEVER, the studio (Stoic) has not ported Banner Saga 3 to mobile, and appears uninterested in doing so, which means that I’m not able to finish the story I invested so many hours in. I’m very disappointed in the studio. This game, along with its predecessor, are the first video games to get my attention in a long, long time, and its really upsetting that Stoic seems to not realize or not care that there are people who play these games on their mobile devices and are unable to play them otherwise. Hopefully they will come around to porting #3 sooner or later, but until then, I can’t recommend getting invested in this or the first installment. Two stars because it’s such a fantastic game, but ultimately, a real letdown.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for not seeing this review sooner. Thank you for the feedback, we do hope to port the third game to mobile in the future, we just don't have current plans to do so. We'll post on our social media channels (@BannerSaga) once we have a timeline for this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Stoic LLC
- 3.3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Stoic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Survival Mode $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.