Embark on your own epic journey in Banner Saga, the critically acclaimed tactical RPG where your strategic choices directly affect your personal story and the world around you.
Leave your home and strike out on a desperate journey to save your people. Lead your caravan across stunning environments and into war with enemy clans and vicious Drudge soldiers. Build relationships and make choices that will shape the future of your clan as you scramble to survive in this beautiful, bleak world.
Banner Saga Features:
- A unique fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology – explore a grim world shaped by the legends of the Vikings. Uncover ancient lore and battle tooth and nail to carve out a new bastion in a world abandoned by the gods.
- Beautiful 2D rotoscope animation - immerse yourself in beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.
- Real choices with real consequences – every decision you make on the trail, in conversation and during combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your unique story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters with unique personalities – form relationships in and out of combat with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with permanent repercussions – choose your warriors, form your strategy and strike. Adapt to a dynamic battlefield where your tactics determine who lives and who dies. Victory, defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on the choices you make.
- Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video Game, 2014, Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Visual Art and Honorable mentions for Design and Audio.
Only your choices can guide your caravan through the harsh winter, past mystical enemies and brutal Viking clans. When the trail is uncertain, can you take the lead?
Download Banner Saga and begin your journey today.
NOTE: Banner Saga does NOT run on iPhone 4. iPhone 4S and more modern devices recommended.
We've re-balanced the final chapter of the game. The final Bellower battle has been tuned to be more fair on Normal difficulty settings, and there are more opportunities for obtaining supplies and items in Chapter 6.
Banner Saga 1 has been updated to the latest version of the engine technology, and quite a bit of cleanup has happened under the hood. A few of the improvements seen in Banner Saga 2 have been incorporated into this build.
Added adjustable 'UI Scale' to help readability on smaller devices - go to device's Settings App and use the UI Scale slider.
Upgrade '+' sign shows up on hero icons in heroes tent when appropriate
Extended tooltips in battle
-on stat banner, buffs, and items.
-on hazards such as slag-and-burn, coals, etc...
-Consequences tab shows injured units
-Achievements tab shows new achievements
-Items tab shows newly acquired items
News Ticker on Start Screen
Injured units to not heal during travel, only when Resting in camp/village
Injured units' STR penalty now equals the number of days of injury remaining
Nid now starts at rank 2 when she joins the caravan
Increased loot drop chance for winning the second wave of a battles.
Varl that join the caravan after the Godstone in chapter 3 now have supplies.
Fix issue in Ludin/Vedrfell tutorial getting stuck if ludin has been upgraded
Fix issue preventing class achievements from unlocking
Fix issue causing some resume saves to get stuck when loading
Fix Backbiter Veteran enemy incorrectly using Dagr's appearance
Fix issue with Nid having a negative amount of stat points to spend
Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)
Added a slider setting for scaling the UI larger or smaller.
Disable the Quit Game button in options for the iOS builds.
Fixed an issue with the battle HUD elements so they scale up/down with other UI.
Added message for when players have iCloud disabled.
Fix for scaling of subtitles.
Update minimum iOS version to 9.0
Fix for Backbiter champion using Dagr's appearance.
Add 'Buy TBS 2' function to start page.
Changed the link for rating the app.
Fix bad quotation marks in Polish text.
Reduce max memory used by heraldry.
Set anim compression values to those used in saga 2. Should fix a bunch of memory-related crashes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Experience an unforgettable tale of humans, gods, and Viking lore, presented as a wondrously intricate tactical roleplaying game. Beneath Banner Saga’s arresting hand-drawn graphics and stirring music lies a world where decisions matter—where conversational choices affect the plot and beloved characters can be lost forever in brutal turn-based battles. Within minutes, we were deeply invested in this fascinating realm, but a lengthy campaign full of action and surprises makes the journey captivating all the way through.
i personally really liked this game alot. the main story is well thought out and very compelling i found myself wanting to find out more and more. the art work is beautiful and while sone what simple it really brings out the rustic feeling of the old world. game play is intence on normal and hard, easy is a good way to learn the mechanics and rules of combat. one thing i really like was that every time i played the main story basicly stayed the same but the events on the road were always diffrent and very rewarding when you help someone and later on in game in a desprate situation that person you helped 40 days ago helps you and saves you. there are only 2 things i didnt really like but this is just my opinion. one thing was the game seemed to be over quickly but my first run took me about 10 hours. the 2nd thing was that the ending i wasnt thrilled about only because it left me wanting more n wishing i could exsplore more of the vast land before me. all in all great game good re-play value and well worth the 10$ i would highly recommend buying this game i enjoyed it alot and i hope you do too.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your support of our game!
I played this game 3 times
The first time I played I couldn't import my game into Banner Saga 2. The second time I played, I did it over the course of a weekend in an attempt to start Banner Saga 2 right after. Seeing that Banner Saga 2 was just as challenging, if not more challenging, than the first game, I put it down. I just picked up Banner Saga 1 and played through it a third time, so that I could maintain story cohesion for Banner Saga 2. I'm glad I did!! Banner Saga 2 was very epic in a lot of new ways, while maintaining all of the really cool features of the first: nail-biting strategy RPG battles, nail-biting Oregon Trail choice making, a KILLER musical score, and beautiful art. I will probably play Banner Saga 2 a second time in anticipation of playing the third. Thank you for this beautiful RPG, very exciting and memorable!
Developer Response ,
Hi brutalball - we're sorry to hear you couldn't import the game the first time but we're so happy to hear you persisted! Thank you for giving us 5 stars. If you ever need help please write to us via support. Thanks! :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Stoic LLC
- 2 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Stoic LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.