Weight loss surgery can be a powerful tool for fighting obesity, and BariatricPal can help you take full advantage. Let the app accompany you on your weight loss surgery journey to improve weight loss and enjoy better success.
BariatricPal has the world’s top online weight loss surgery community, personal goal-setting and tracking, BariatricPal Store and important diet and other information to help you take charge of your diet and health.
The World’s Premier Weight Loss Surgery Social Platform:
• A supportive, positive environment for weight loss surgery patients and for those who are considering or preparing for weight loss surgery to fight obesity.
• A comprehensive informational section so you can learn about the entire weight loss journey at a glance.
• BariatricPal is recommended by surgeons nationwide
• BariatricPal Store: Save Money on Bariatric Food, Vitamins & Nutrients
• Large weight loss surgeon directory with members’ authentic ratings and reviews
• A unified voice for fighting obesity through weight loss surgery, with many discussion forums dedicated to all types of weight loss surgery.
• BariatricPal has separate sub-forums for the major bariatric surgery procedures: Gastric Sleeve (VSG or vertical sleeve gastrectomy), Lap Band (laparoscopic adjustable gastric band or Lap-Band), Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RNY) and Duodenal Switch (DS).
Mobile Social Networking:
• Lose more weight when you have the support you need.
• Hundreds of thousands of members use personal experience to answer your questions about diet, side effects, coping strategies and surgeons’ instructions.
• BariatricPal app provides full access to the forums and the other BariatricPal.com content, so what you need is at your fingertips.
• Connect with your best weight loss surgery friends through private messaging and chat rooms.
Stay Motivated by Personalizing and Sharing Your Journey!:
•Develop your personal profile so others can get to know you
•Update your status, upload photos and maintain a blog.
•Set and track weight loss and measurement goals
•Choose whether to keep your profile, blog, photos and other information private or make it public.
Support for Your Weight Loss Surgery Diet:
• Lose more weight when you have your diet details in your smartphone with BariatricPal. At any time, you can log your meals, check the food lists for good options and ask community members for their ideas.
• Food lists and meal plans for each stage of the weight loss surgery diet progression to solid foods.
• The BariatricPal information section has tips for getting enough protein and fluids each day.
• Forums for weight loss surgery patients to share recipes, menus, meal plans, food ideas and encouragement
• Additional specific guidelines for Gastric Sleeve, LAP BAND, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Plication and Duodenal Switch patients
Complete Information Section:
• Information on types of bariatric surgery procedures, including the adjustable gastric band (lap-band), vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG or gastric sleeve), Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, sleeve plication (greater curvature plication) and duodenal switch.
• Risks and benefits of each type of weight loss surgery
• Tips on choosing a procedure, selecting a surgeon and paying for surgery
• Step-by-step guidance for the post-surgery diet progression from liquids to pureed and then solid foods, to support faster recovery from surgery
• Weight loss surgery diet guidelines, food lists and sample meal plans so you know what and how much to eat
• Information on protein and other nutrient requirements
• Strategies to reduce complications and side effects
• Exercise strategies and tips
• Living well after bariatric surgery: your support system, body contouring (plastic) surgery and nutritional supplements to take.
Squashed some more bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Feel at home here......
After my vertical sleeve surgery I felt very isolated and had many questions about how I felt, what to eat, how to get enough protein and water. BariatricPal's forum is full of people who are all going through the same things.....some new, some experienced. It's terrific to have a place where I can ask questions and feel supported. Really grateful for this app!
I dont usually write reviews but i am doing this time because i was so disappointed. I thought before i downloaded this app it was going to be super cool. I am getting ready to have weight loss surgery and thought it would be awesome to have on my phone. So here i downloaded it and set up my email and then did my profile and from there nothing. It would not save my info for my profile and i could not see any discussions. So i thought maybe i had to verify my email and nope nothing came thru on that either. So i have now uninstalled it and im writing this review. I personally dont think its very good unless im doing something wrong please let me know.
Very useful and helpful. You're able to learn what others experience so you have an idea what to expect and support each other through the entire process. You know you are not alone in what you go through with this journey.
- BariatricPal LLC
- 46.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.