Bark provides families with all the tools they need to raise kids in the digital age. Our comprehensive service lets you monitor content, manage screen time, and filter websites so you can get peace of mind while your child is online.
Bark monitors your child’s texts, email, YouTube, and 30+ apps and social media platforms for issues like cyberbullying, adult content, sexual predators, profanity, suicidal ideation, threats of violence, and more. Parents receive alerts only when something potentially problematic occurs online. You won’t have full access to everything on your child’s phone — just the things you might need to know about.
SCREEN TIME MANAGEMENT
Families can set healthy time limits and create schedules for when their children’s devices can connect to the internet (through both cell service and Wi-Fi).
Our web filter lets you select which websites your child can access on their devices. You can allow or block specific sites — or even whole categories like streaming services, online gaming, sexual content, and more.
• "My wife and I LOVE Bark. We've had some tough but productive conversations with our 13-year-old son. It's proving to be extremely valuable." — Josh L.
• “It’s just another set of protections we as parents give our kids for the digital environment (or as my 10-year-old calls it, a “cell phone seat belt”). My oldest is a 9th grader, and while I trust her, I’ve come to realize through the alerts that some of her friends aren’t truly her friends. It’s led to some amazing conversations about choosing friends wisely and recognizing toxic people. While she wasn’t for Bark at first, she’s since said she’s grateful that I saw those messages because it reaffirmed what she was feeling but didn’t know how to verbalize without sounding sensitive.” — Bark Parent
• "Bark notified me that my young daughter had unknowingly revealed her phone number to strangers on Twitter. The fact that Bark notified me was impressive and led to an informative discussion with her the same day." — Jon B.
• “Since Bark alerted us to the suicidal language used in the Google doc that was being used in a chat document with a friend, we have seen both a pediatrician and a licensed counselor. We are hopeful for a positive outcome. Thanks to Bark for letting us peek into our child’s mind!” — Bark Parent
• “This app is a lifesaver! It has allowed us to catch so many “red flags” in the content my kids have accessed on their devices and in their interactions with friends and other people online that I wouldn’t have ever known about otherwise. The big difference between Bark and other “Parental Control” software is that Bark allows your kids to have so much more privacy. It doesn’t show you everything they do, but sends an instant alert regarding any activity that might be concerning. Highly recommended!” — Bark Parent
With Bark, you can help keep your kids safe both online and in real life. Try it out for seven days absolutely free!
Our Family Online Safety Specialists are standing by to help answer any questions you may have. Email email@example.com or visit help.bark.us to get answers and advice from the Bark Team.
Fix blank screen when restoring from background
Ratings and Reviews
Almost a great app but hard to use if you have IOS
As a parent this app is wonderful for me
to learn what my kids post without constantly having to take their phone and it end up bring a big fight every time. It only notifies me if something bad according to their program catches something. Honestly most of the time it wasn’t anything that concerned me so I just ignored it anyway. There has been a few time things have came up and I was glad I found out. Basically if I didn’t get notification I knew everything was ok. But I found out since I have an iPhone not everything is being monitored and I have to plug my kids phone into the computer and have it backed up before it catches anything. I then find out that months ago my daughter was talking to adults without my knowledge and they were trying to send her inappropriate stuff. She was too scared to come to me about it (because of course they were nice at first and lied about their age) so she just tried to ignore them. I should have been notified a long time ago. It shouldn’t be this hard. If this doesn’t get fixed I will be deleting because I can’t pay for something that doesn’t work so I can protect my kids.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. We thank you for reaching out, and we are glad to have given you valuable insights that helped. We sincerely hope that your daughter is safe! Your iOS device should sync wirelessly and automatically every 6 hours as long as your PC or Mac is on, your Bark desktop program running, and your child's iPhone is on the same WiFi network. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may best assist and help to investigate why your daughter's device is not wirelessly syncing; we are here for you! 💛 bark.us/contact
Bc I can’t trust other kids..
My 13 yr old daughter was asked for nudes by a 13 yr old boy. I had to find this boy’s father and tell him what had happened. I trust my daughter to do the right things and in this instance she swore him out (we were actually proud of her for that) and told him no. I do not trust other kids to not send her things that she doesn’t even want, or pictures of them nude, which btw a child can be prosecuted for having child pornography on their phone even if it’s their boyfriend or girlfriend.
The teenagers scoring this low are either doing things they are not suppose to do, or their parents have not explained to them that it’s the lack of trust in other kids and their parents. Let’s face it, not all parents take the time to actually teach their kids right from wrong or have the tough conversations with them.. I know my parents didn’t.
For the parents reading this review, it would be a good idea to learn about new tech and apps and look them up before allowing your kids to have them.. ex: Snapchat was literally created to send pornographic images between adults.. and it deletes the pics unless the other person saves. Your kid might not be sending nudes, but it doesn’t mean someone isn’t sending it to your kid.
Developer Response ,
Hi there Cfont79! We are so appreciative of your honest and thorough feedback! ☺️ We are so sorry to hear you have that scary experience with you daughter. 💙 We’re glad to hear all is going well, and our alerts are helping to keep you in the "know" so that you can have those important open conversations with your children when needed. Your support and feedback are extremely valuable; please don't hesitate to reach our team at www.bark.us/contact if ever we can help. Thank you! 💙
This app helps to keep my kids safe!
I feel so much better to know there is someone helping to keep my kids and their friends safe. I am a therapist and work with mental health issues every day. I believe I have a very open and honest relationship with my teen. I believe she has more insight into mental illness and many of the dangers that are out there. So having this app has nothing to do with me not trusting her or not having an open healthy relationship and honest communication - its another way for parents to help navigate this tough world. Whether it’s my child or one of her friends thats struggling with depression or self injurious behavior or a very sick individual slowly but surely attempting to groom my child - I want that chance to be able to intervene and make aware the potential dangers. To discuss what occurred or what options there are to deal with the situation and talk it out. Beyond having the app - I had the opportunity to speak for about an hour with one of the Bark support team members and he was super helpful. All of my questions were answered and he never rushed through anything. He was kind and patient and very knowledgeable. So far I have not found anything that I would change! Thanks Bark!
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you so much for you support and trusting us to help in keeping an "eye" out for those possible concerns. We're really happy to hear you are finding everything easy to navigate, and our staff is always here and ready to help if ever you need. Please message us any time you want to chat at email@example.com or at www.bark.us/contact any time. :)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bark Technologies Inc
- 35.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017-2021 Bark Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bark Monthly $14.99
- Bark Annual $99.99
- Bark Jr Monthly $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.