* Apple App of the Week
* Gold Medal winner from the National Parenting Publications Award
Stomp your feet! Clap your hands! Everybody ready for a BARNYARD DANCE!
Loud Crow Interactive and Boynton Moo Media proudly present a terrifically interactive musical version of Sandra Boynton’s much-adored board book. Cows and ducks and little kids rejoice!
In Barnyard Dance! irrepressible farm animals join in a rollicking square dance. With this wonderful app, little listeners can move the violin bow to play the cow’s fiddle. Now—with a touch or a tap or a pull—you can help the farm animals bounce, twirl, strut, spin, hop, leap, turn and, of course, promenade.
Beloved bluegrass musician John Stey narrates in the traditional cadence of a square dance caller, backed by a lively country band playing Michael Ford’s “Barnyard Square Dance.” This digital book is a catchy and fun romp for little ones and their parents, written with irresistible rhyme and rhythm, and illustrated—and now animated—by the author with those quirky and exuberant Boynton characters.
With nearly four million copies in print, Barnyard Dance! is listed among Publishers Weekly’s Bestselling Children Books of All Time.
* The fourth collaboration of the award-winning bestselling team of Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive
* A zesty and surprising interactive book app version of Sandra Boynton’s beloved and bestselling board book (nearly four million copies in print)
* Touch, tap, and pull the farm animals to help them join in the lively square dance
* Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original Barnyard Dance illustrations, and created new animations as well.
* Includes an original instrumental soundtrack, "Barnyard Square Dance", a wonderful country tune by Michael Ford
* Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
* "The Big Guy Reads It" with word highlighting to help improve reading skills.
* Or “I want to read it myself” and hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
Visit us: www.loudcrow.com
Follow us: twitter.com/loudcrowinc
Like us: facebook.com/loudcrow
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Buy the bundle! These are the best.
My husband and I both use these. iPhone 6 Plus and 7 plus. Never have issues except 1-2 times if my phone had been on vibrate when I went into app there wouldn’t be sound. Turn vibrate off, exit app and go back and it’s perfect. My children love these. 2 and 3 and both with autism. When my son, 2, is having meltdowns sometimes the sound of this book is all that’ll bring him out of it. Works on his fine motor skills too.
A Hoot and a Moo and a Cockle doodle Doo!
This is my grandson's favorite bedtime story, in part, because we all join in the reading of the traditional board book version and do the dance and mimic the animals. I couldn't imagine how you could improve on our version - but this is totally Fantastic!
I have never seen an interactive book that meshed the music so well with the reading of the book. The song was amazing and the timing truly artfully done. It took us awhile to find all the interactive parts - we were too busy doing it our own way. What a delight! Your animal actions are beautifully thought out.
I know this will be a long time family favorite. You have enriched American bedtime culture! Thank you!
Bought the bundle. But Not Hippo is the only app that has sound. The rest of the bundle is silent, which is frustrating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.