Barometric Altimeter is based on the new barometer in iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.
On other devices the app shows your GPS altitude.
You can either use automatic calibration (best in most cases) or manual calibration.
For manual calibration use the following options:
- enter your current altitude
- use altitude-information from your GPS device
- enter current sea-level air-pressure
- use local weather data from the internet for your current position
You can choose between meter and feet for altitude display.
Thanks for using the Barometric Altimeter! I hope you enjoy it? I'll continue improving the Altimeter and looking forward to your feedback and your rating in the AppStore.
Here is whats new in this version:
- You can now configure the unit for air pressure (hPa, kPa, inHg, mmHg)
- Added sharing of your current altitude via Facebook, Twitter, or whatever you like.
- Improved performance of loading weather data from the internet.
- Fixed a problem with calibration under some circumstances.
- Added a FAQ entry what happens if you use the Barometric Altimeter in an airplane. Interested? You'll find it in the Settings > Feedback section.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent little application
Works surprisingly well with a very clean user interface.
Works very well!
Simple, useful, functional. Nice app.
Does not function.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.