Based on our HOT selling 5th edition, this app helps you study the words you need to know in order to achieve a high critical reading score on the SAT. The free starter pack includes 10 flash cards and 10 practice exam questions and is expandable to 417 flashcards and 462 practice questions with an in-app purchase of $4.99.
· Includes more than 365 words most commonly found on the SAT.
· Elaborates on word meanings by using illustrative sentences and thematic word clusters that help to enrich your spoken and written vocabulary.
· Study hot words by clusters, review exercises, or take a practice exam.
· The quick flash card format gives you the most efficient way to study the words you don’t know and file away the words you do.
· Offers additional bonus words from the ACT Reading Test.
· Each flash card contains the word and its pronunciation on the front, and part of speech, full definition, and illustrative sentences on the back.
· A convenient menu allows you to choose the combination of word clusters you want to review.
· An interactive practice exam allows you to test your word power and get the answers and a score at the end.
· An analysis feature shows your exam history and strength by cluster.
For more Barron’s SAT and ACT related test prep materials, visit us at www.barronseduc.com.
Fix for iPad upgrade feature on iOS 7
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can't believe there are only 2 reviews for this app
To preface my review, I'm not a teenager prepping for his SAT. I'm a grown man who, for the sake of grandiloquence (c wut I did there?), wants to strengthen my vocabulary.
I bought the SAT Hot Words book a long time ago and only made it through a few sections before getting bored with it.
I stumbled across the app recently and paid the $5 to unlock all the words and I have found this platform a much better learning tool than a book. Any time I have a few minutes to spare, I go through more flash cards and I'm learning at a pace much faster than I ever could have with the book. And the words are actually sticking. I've been trying to make a habit of using them in day to day conversation.
Another benefit of using this app over the others is the selection of words aren't as obscure as those I've seen in other apps. You can actually use a lot of them without sounding unnatural. Other apps try to teach you the entire dictionary with words you would never find necessary to use.
Vey useful app, but need to fix a bug...
The practice tests sometimes score record the answer incorrectly. Seems to happen on the 9th question when I mark it as correct, the app records it as incorrect.
I love it
It helped me a lot
The developer, gWhiz, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- gWhiz, LLC
- 1.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2013 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Hot SAT Expansion Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.