Three-Door Trains BLOCKED BY BART. They have a govt-controlled monopoly on this data: only THEIR app has access. Contact them at https://www.bart.gov/contact/comments.
Look at the screenshots - have you ever seen that much information from any other Bart app? All of those other apps give you the same couple departure times, maybe a map, and that's it. BartPro uses the power of the cloud to keep track of the locations of ALL trains, so it can literally do things no other app can. Like minutes-and-seconds real time routes, with departure and ARRIVAL times. Ten or more real time train times, not just 2 or 3. Automated, recurring reminders for the train that will get you home on time. And much, much more.
BartPro is FAST. Less than 2 seconds from launch to information. Launch is fast, update is fast, understanding the information is fast. You're a Bart Pro, you don't need all of the extra bells and whistles that get in your way. You know where you're going right? Do you need photos of the station? You see it every day. Do you need walking directions to the station? You've walked it a few times before. This app is for Pros - you just want to know what's happening with the unpredictable part of your trip home: the trains. BartPro has those covered.
Yes, many other apps will tell you the arrival time of the next few trains at the station you're LEAVING from. But BartPro tells you what you really want to know - what time will you GET TO YOUR DESTINATION. With down-to-the-second precision, and none of the uncertainty of the Bart website or those other apps. One point of warning - it takes a few days to get used to accurate timing. You're probably used to the fact that "2 minutes" likely means that your train is already sitting in the station. With BartPro, 2 minutes means 2 minutes.
With BartPro, you get:
- Time to ARRIVAL at your destination. Even if your route has a transfer station - BartPro will accurately predict which transfer train you will catch, and give you the time you will arrive at your final destination, instantly. Not based on the schedule, based on where the trains actually are right now.
- Second-level precision. No more guessing whether "2 minutes" means "now" or "in a bit". You get times like 1m 32s, so you know how long you have.
- Train Reminders - BartPro will let you know when you need to leave to catch your train. And not just the train that SHOULD get you home on time, the one that WILL get you there, based on actual train locations and congestion. Just decide what time you want to get home (or leave), how long you need to get to the departure station, and let BartPro do the rest. You can also set a recurring reminder that automatically does this every day, or on certain days of the week.
- Extremely fast startup - BartPro typically takes 1-2 seconds from launching the app to seeing live departure and arrival times, for ALL of your favorite routes.
- Always fresh - no need to hit any refresh buttons or wait for the page to reload. BartPro takes care of making sure estimates are as up to date as possible.
- A fast answer to the question "do I need to run for my train?"
- Departure and arrival times for EACH of the upcoming trains. Why rush for the next crowded train, when you know that the following train will get you there at exactly the same time?
- Accurate transfer time estimates. Will you need to run for that connecting train, or will you have plenty of time? BartPro will let you know.
- Of course: maps, schedules, and fares, for those times you venture outside of your normal day-to-day routine.
One problem BartPro can't solve: people who wander slowly up the stairs looking at their phone. Or people who cut in line waiting for the train. Or people who loudly play their music on the train. Rest assured, we're working on it.
Purchase the "BartPro-Pro" in-app purchase (or subscribe) to unlock these features:
- No advertisements
- Store up to 30 favorite routes
- Access to unlimited Train Reminders
- You feel good when you wake up in the morning (ok, we're working on that too)
Terms of Service: http://bart-pro.com/terms-of-service.html
Bug fixes and updates
Ratings and Reviews
The BARTPro app is so amazing and very accurate in terms of timings. It lets you choose your stations(to and from) and not just one but it lets you make your own customised list of stations you want to choose.
It shares the different timings the bart would arrive at the station but the function that is even better and very ‘well thought’ for customers is that it also shares how many minutes away the bart is from the station. This really helps me because when I am leaving home for the bart station I know I would make it to the station in 10 minutes and know exactly how far I am from catching the next bart.
I abide by this app and I am 100% dependent on this app for my commute, it is a very user friendly app. and I would like to share with everyone if you want to make your BART life easy, you should not miss on getting this app !
Non-trivially reduces obnoxiousness of living in the Bay Area!
I rely on this app so often and find it so simple and reliable that I actually paid the lifetime upgrade fee and didn’t regret it! Help reduce your exasperation with life in the Bay Area: know with greater certainty before you leave home when exactly that train will arrive, because the out-of-date decripit-futuristic Bart stations do not have digital signage out front of the turnstiles/entrances to help you know whether you should hurry and run in order to not be stuck waiting 15 minutes for the next train to arrive. BartPro takes the edge off!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the very entertaining review! Glad we’re reducing the obnoxiousness just a bit.
This app is so well-done. Extremely user friendly which, coming from me, is saying something: I struggle with anything technology-related. Bay Area public transportation isn't exactly reliable when it comes to timing, but I've had no issues since downloading the app - it's dead on accurate, and the transfer time feature has been a life saver. Especially love that you can name your routes. Also, for visiting friends, the routing/transfer details provided by the app have been crucial. 5 out of 5, completely recommend.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bart Pro LLC
- 17.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2020 Bart Pro LLC
- In-App Purchases
- BartPro Pro Subscription $0.49
- BartPro PRO Lifetime $5.99