Base is an application for creating, designing, editing and browsing SQLite 3 database files. It's a proper Mac OS X application. Fast to launch, quick to get in to and get the data you need.
Base starts with all the basic features you need:
• Schema viewing
• Table contents viewing/editing
• Custom SQL queries
• Command logging
Then makes it all even better:
• Support for viewing and editing ALL column- and table-level constraints. From simple default values, to complex foreign keys, Base can handle it.
• Advanced table designing and altering. No need to manually type CREATE TABLE statements, from a single sheet you can add, edit and remove columns & constraints to your heart's content, maintaining or moving the original data within them.
• Quick data find & filter. Build lengthy SELECT statements with a few clicks, previewing results as you go.
• Easy SQL editing, with clear syntax highlighting and useful SQL autocompletion
• Store your commonly used SQL as snippets for easy re-use later
• Easy import, comprehensive export. Bring in data from CSV or SQL files. Export to SQL, delimited text, XML or Microsoft Excel-compatible formats.
• Fixed a bug where exported SQL files would be empty
• Fixed a bug causing CHECK constraints to not be editable
Ratings and Reviews
Overall a great app, but need M1 update
Don't want Rosetta 2 just for this - paid user - can you give recompiling a try?
Can’t reliably edit data in a record
After I open a database, sometimes I can double-click a data record to open an edit window so I can change data, but usually usually I can’t. Double-clicking only selects the text under the mouse as if I’m copy/pasting. It’s very unpredictable. Going through the “Alter” process for the record also does not let me change the data. The SQL database was originally created by the PhatNotes iPhone/iPad app, which is quite old and no longer supported, perhaps this has something to do with this issue? However, other SQL editors I’ve tried on MacOS don’t have any trouble accessing and modifying record data in this database. I haven’t tried this function with any other SQL databases. The reason I bought this app was specifically to deal with the above-mentioned iPad/iPhone database, which is critical to me and which I was forced to migrate to MacOS. FYI, I used iFunBox on Windows to retrieve the SQL file from the PhatNotes sandbox on the original iPad, since the data transmission facilities in PhatNotes had stopped working following an iOS upgrade.
Purchased this to ease transition from a number of Numbers spreadsheets into SQLite. Every time I try the import function into a New table, it gives and error and aborts. Tried creating a table to match the spreadsheet and import into existing table. Does nothing. Not at all what I was looking for and not worth the price.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Menial Ltd
- 8.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Menial Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.