BaseMind is a next-generation mind mapping tool! It will completely change the way you take notes, create presentations and organize data.
* Maps of infinite depth
* Any connections between nodes allowed - one to one, one to many, many to one
* Completely user-adjustable manual node organization
* Automatic map relayout system
* Quick mind map creation using only the keyboard
* Image drag and drop into existing map nodes or to create new ones
* Connecting nodes between several maps and dynamically combining maps
* Save / Import for sharing with other BaseMind users
* Print / Print to PDF
This update brings some long-awaited features, such as:
* PDF export
* Improved layouting
* Rotation via gestures
* Images shown in correct aspect ratio
Many more features yet to come!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Less Than Meets the Eye
I appreciate having a mindmap resource that doesn’t hit the RAM hard, but Basemind needs more layout controls and user insight before it’s going to be ready for prime time. Some challenges:
—Only 5 or 6 fonts, no choice of font size or color
—No options for the color of the canvas/palette/background: if you like black then this is the program for you.
—Very limited control of the chilldren/grandchildren; difficult to understand how to keep and break relationships.
—Minimal help and guidance.
I look forward to the next iteration.
Physics are janky — nodes moving erratically all over the place. Insta-regret.
Even after the recent update, the selection and dragging of nodes is erratic. Not ready for public use, and certainly not acceptable that this is paid software.
Don’t waste the money - there is no way to keep structure in this app, no options for directionality of lines. It kind of auto-arranges itself. And most annoyingly you can’t resize the nodes - the text shrinks as you type giving you the impression that short words have more prominence than small ones.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. Please note that version 1.3.3 has improved in that both manual layout of the map is always retained and you can scale individual nodes up and down via Cmd-+/- keys.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.