The Basketball ClipPad is an intuitively designed iPad app that provides coaches with a "whiteboard", drill builder, practice planner and team lineup manager.
Create easy to follow drills, manage team lineups game by game, and develop practice plans that you can print or email to share with your team and coaches.
This app works great with an iPad stylus.
* DRAW up clean, easy to view drills and SAVE drills for later use. No more thick binders full of drills that are hard to find.
* CREATE practice plans and SHARE the plans with fellow coaches. Now all coaches can be prepared before practice.
* SHARE drills with fellow coaches. Build up your collection of drills by sharing with other coaches through the app.
* MANAGE lineups for each game and easily SWAPPING players in the lineup. Now respond quicker to game situations and view lineups from previous games.
* TEACH your team plays and tactics using the whiteboard feature. No need for marker, pen or paper on the bench.
App features include:
WHITEBOARD to quickly sketch plays and tactics
* Build well-designed drills
* Choose from a list of useful drill symbols
* Drawing capabilities with different colors, line styles, and line ends
* Easy access to player icons (by position) to quickly draw up plays
* Save your drills in the app's drill repository for quick access
* E-Mail drills and plays
* Save drills to photos
* Manage and Share Drills/Plays without leaving the app
* Easily categorize and locate saved drills
* Customize the drill categories as you see fit
* Easily view all of your saved drills
* Support for Portrait and Landscape device orientation when editing and viewing drills & plays
* Ability to export and import drills into the app
* E-mail drills and practice plans
PRACTICE PLANS: Save, Share, Print
* Generate and share practice plans with a few touches
* Select the drills and let the app create the plan for you
* Save and Organize practice plans by team or group
* Share practice plans with fellow coaches via email
* Print Practice Plans from the iPad to an AirPrint enabled printer
TEAM LINEUP MANAGER
* Lineups can be edited, saved, and deleted
* Swap players in/out of lineup with rich drag & drop
* E-Mail lineups to your team and coaching staff
* Add notes to each lineup
* Save defaults for lineups
Requires iOS 5.1 or higher
Fix to the App-2-App import feature in iPadOS 13. Now when receiving a Basketball ClipPad import attachment, tap on the attachment, select the "More" button from the popover, and scroll down to tap "Copy to Basketball ClipPad". This will open the app to import drills and practice plans in the attachment.
Ratings and Reviews
So far so good
I've been using for a couple of weeks, and no issues. Easy to use. It won't replace a white board when working with my players, but it is helping organize my drills. Wish I could save to the cloud in case my IPad dies, and wish I could import other PDF drills into the library. Not sure if that is feasible, but it would be nice.
The ClipPad does everything I would expect it too and does it well. The best part of it, I think, is it's focus is on making everything quick. Other apps in this category can be clumsy to do simple things like place a player on the court. If this is going to replace the trusty dry erase clip board, it has to be just as simple to use, and it is.
I'm confused by the other review for this app. It does everything it says it does, that I can see.
Like being able to share with other coaches and edit as needed. Animation would be good, so you can track the ball and player on the drills and play.
Very Good App for the money!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Torey Lomenda
- 26.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Torey Lomenda
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.