Do you play drums, or want to? Drum Guru is an educational app for drummers of all ability levels - beginner to pro - which delivers the highest quality educational content from some of the world’s best known drummers. You will broaden your skills by learning new grooves, fills, and other concepts, taught in easily digestible, short lessons.
Winner of "Best App of the Year" from DRUM Magazine !
Drum Guru delivers drum lessons with high-quality video and audio, coupled with music notation and unique practice features so drummers can use the app in the practice room. These tutorials are grouped into “packs” that you can download from our catalog. Currently, we offer lessons from drumming legends such as Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Mike Portnoy, and Chad Smith, David Garibaldi, George "Spanky" McCurdy and Mike Manigini with more coming weekly.
• Drum lessons in all styles delivered by the expert Drum Guru team and the world’s best-known drum celebrities.
• High-quality videos demonstrating each lesson with a "half-speed" option to really see what is going on
• Lessons from Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Chad Smith, Mike Portnoy, and others!
• Music notation/transcription of each lesson that can be viewed while watching the video.
• Interactive practice mode, which plays back the notation, and can be started/stopped, practiced with or without a click, looped, and played back at different tempos for practice.
• Lessons divided into packs of 8-10 lessons each, categorized by ability level and style.
• All original content designed specifically for this app.
Bug fixes and general improvements. Faster operating
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs a little bit more help
The app has potential. Unfortunately it crashes all the time on the latest two versions of IOS. Also having to actually download videos to your phone isn't the most efficient way to have the content. I'd assume most people can easily stream these videos on any cellular network if they didn't have wifi. Please change the way you deliver video!! Stream. Don't make us download these 300mb+ files to our phones. It's pointless. Also could add .pdf downloads of the beats the instructors teach, or even a repetitive play along MP3 track.
This app could be way better. Hire a better developer and UI designer.
Not a good sign
When you click on an app you don’t want to see dollar signs, y’all gotta change that up or somethin
I keep getting a server error.
- Iron Horse Entertainment
- 66.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Drum AppGuru a division of Iron Horse Entertainment Inc. 2012
- In-App Purchases
- Beginner Rock Fill Pack1 $3.99
- George “Spanky” McCurdy Intermediate Fill Pack $3.99
- Beginner Rock GroovePack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.