The fully-narrated action RPG
Supergiant Games, LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
*NOTICE* Play the beginning for free. A one-time in-app purchase unlocks the full game.
* * *
- App Store BEST of 2012 Pick
- App Store EDITORS' CHOICE
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App optimized for iPhone and iPad
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, Simplified Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
+ Fix iOS 9 crash
Ratings and Reviews
This is just an incredible game. An experience you won’t forget. I first watched my younger brother play this on his pc from start to finish almost 10 yrs ago. I was so taken with the story and the soundtrack that I remember downloading Zia’s song and playing it on repeat. My brother unfortunately is no longer with us, may he Rest In Peace, but this game is a solid beautiful memory we shared. Now that I randomly thought about this game again and found the app, I’ve played and already beat the game in a couple of days. It’s challenging, and has ways to increase the difficulty, but still so fun that right after I finished, I ran back in to went play it all over again on the “new game plus” version. For me, this game isn’t just beautifully drawn, wonderfully narrated, and fun from beginning to end. I feel emotionally connected to this game after almost a decade of seeing it played for the first time. Bastion forever has my love and respect. To the developers that worked tirelessly to bring this art to us, thank you. You’ve truly created something special, but I’m sure you know that but now. Play the game. You won’t regret it.
THE RPG for Non-RPG gamers.
I am NOT a gamer. I play puzzle games & room escapes... point & clicks when I can find ‘em.
RPG’s, platformers, and really anything that takes any sort of timing, learning “moves”, a trackpad, or boss battles is an Auto-Nope from me.
Bastion is different. Yes there are all the elements that usually mean I’ll stink at the game and get frustrated. But Bastion eases you into its world, and the UTTERLY OUTSTANDING music carries you along, and next thing you know, you are engrossed in the story of The Kid. I played with infinite lives at first, got near the end, and restarted the game on regular difficulty. And I’m so glad I did. I don’t want the game to end, but also restarting allowed me to explore more territory that I wasn’t aware was there during my first run.
I’d recommend this game to everyone. Even the non-RPG gamers like me. It’s perfect. There are enough options that give it a puzzle-like experience, and the story and that astounding soundtrack will hook point and click fans. In my opinion games do not get much better.
Just started but pretty awesome game so far
So far I really like this game. Best part is none of the crap free games do with trying to get you to put up $10, $25, $50!!!! just to be able to advance at a reasonable pace. Try it out for a little while for free then decide if you want to pay which you will of course and they know it because it’s awesome!!!!!
As far as the game goes good story line so far. Makes you really want to keep playing to find out what happened and how many more people are out there. Game play is pretty easy you don’t have to worry about getting killed constantly unlike games like last day on earth which I liked for a while until it became impossible to get to where you needed to go without spending money and or buying weapons. This game you can play as long as you want with none of that waiting 20 min for a charge to appear. So many games could be great if they would just offer a paid ver.
Other aspects I like. This may seem odd but the sound track is really cool. It reminds me exactly of the firefly tv show. Still one of the greatest shows ever made! The way each land area forms as you go is pretty neat graphically and the of course the narration of the story is perfect. Lots of funny little jokes added in if you decide to stupidly run off the side and die or go hack and slash on the fence posts.
Definitely worth a try.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Supergiant Games, LLC
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bastion - Full Game $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.