Before you buy, please expand this description and check that your computer matches or exceeds each of the requirements listed.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
• Batman: Arkham City contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
• Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham.
• Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
• Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
• Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground with an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang and grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
• Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
• Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
• Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham City GOTY:
The game is officially supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple menu on your menu bar.
• All MacBooks released since Early 2016
• All MacBook Airs released since Mid 2012
• All MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
• All Mac minis released since Late 2012
• All iMacs released since Late 2012
• All iMac Pros released since Late 2017
• All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
• Minimum System Requirements:
◦ Processor: 2GHz
◦ RAM: 4GB
◦ Graphics: 512MB
◦ macOS: 10.14
◦ Free Space: 16GB
Check the Feral website for more detailed specifications.
• Supports many different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® Engine, copyright 1998-2019 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal, Unreal Technology and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2019 Scaleform Corporation. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2019 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2019. All Rights Reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s19)
• Fixes a crash that would occur when entering the final Riddler hostage room during the Enigma Conundrum side mission
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It Keeps Crashing Upon Starting Up!
I’ve been having so much fun playing this fantastic game, although every time I try and launch the game, the small startup window appears, and then the game completely crashes! This has happened every single time I tried to play the game, and it’s unnacceptable. I know many others are having this same exact problem, so fixing it should be the top priority. Well what are you waiting for? Get working on it!
Recent update unavailable for older machines
I own a 2011 MBP, bought this game when it was released and loved it. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to play it in recent years because it immediately crashes upon launch. I was hopeful when I saw the game had been recently updated, but the update requires Mojave, so I am still unable to play a game I paid good money for. Shame the developers won’t fix this chronic issue.
Edit: The developer suggested creating a new user account and playing the game from there, and that worked.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry that you are experiencing a problem with the game.
The latest update was to ensure the game would continue to run into the next version of macOS. As a result, the minimum version of macOS required for the game was raised, but the older version of the game should continue to run without issue on older versions of macOS.
Please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem and we’ll be happy to help. Please include "App Store Review" in the subject of your email.
If possible, please also attach a support report to help us diagnose any issues: http://support.feralinteractive.com/x/faqs/support_report/
Originally when I read the reviews, people were saying that the game crashes a lot. I downloaded the game with some precaution. But after playing it for a good amount of time, the game did not crash once! The graphics are spectacular and the game has tons of missions and villans to fight. If the original version of the game had a great deal of glitches, they are now completely gone! I would reccomend Batman Arkham City to everybody who loves open-world, adventure games. I am so happy!
By the way, don’t miss Riddler’s Revenge!
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 12.6 GB
macOS 10.14 or later
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.