Accidentally unplugged your power cable without noticing and now your battery is dead?
Want to take care of your device and maintain your battery life?
Confused about the status of the system's new battery optimization and on-hold function?
Love the assuring sound of your iPhone's chime when you plug it in?
Battery Charging Alert is just right for you! With the app, you can receive alerts for when your computer is plugged in or unplugged, and when your battery percentage reaches a preset level, so you know when to plug in your computer to keep it from dying or to unplug it and save your battery life.
- colorful battery icon and text on your status menu bar let you know the status of your battery with just a glance.
- real-time display of when the computer is plugged in or unplugged, battery percentage and health, as well as warnings of critical states in colors.
- the same power charging chime sound effect you are familiar with on your iPhone, indicating when the battery is charging when the cable is unplugged, the battery is charged to your preset percentage, and the battery is drained to your preset warning percentage
- all settings can be adjusted by a slider or turned on/off individually
- all alerts can be sent as system notifications to your Notification Center
v2.05 -> v2.22
- preferences interface window embedded into app's status menu
- percentage alert will be affected as soon as the setting slider adjusted
- button's visibility improved
- hide/display dock icon option is more efficient now
- automatically save user setting before exit
- more by dragonBTV updated
v2.22 -> v2.30
- option added: use of customized sound effect
- the sound volume of the default effect increased
- interface modified
- menu rearranged
- fix incorrect version display on the notification
- icon color changed
- more by dragonBTV simplified
v2.30 -> v2.36
- bug fixed: clicking problem involved by the group box
- version displaying improved with bundle version added
v2.36 -> v2.38
- bug fixed: remove unnecessary diagnosis log
- bundle version displayed on the interface also
v2.38 -> v2.40
- performance improvements for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- bug fixed: color offset of status menu bar icon on macOS 10.13
v2.40 -> v2.42
- bug fixed: the color of indicator overflow under macOS 10.12
- option added: the color of the indicator can be disabled
- menu re-arranged
v2.42 -> v2.43
- interface and status menu bar icon rearranged for dark mode
v2.43 -> v2.45
- bug fixed: color fill offsets of the status menu icon
- bug fixed: all alert dialog box color under dark mode
- bug fixed: interface color mode switched dark mode accordingly
- bug fixed: About dialog box font color under the dark mode
- bug fixed: More Apps by dragonBTV link
- performance improvements for macOS 10.14 Mojave
v2.45 -> v2.46
- bug fixed: tip window popup upon app start under macOS10.13
v2.46 -> v3.00
- Any Mac (Apple Silicon, Intel) version for macOS Big Sur
- interface fine-tuning for dark mode
- bug fixed: battery drain slider push battery charged slider
- all deprecated functions rewritten
v3.00 -> v3.12
- all user requests achieved version
- option added: switching between a free window and attach to status menu control panel interface
- option added: switching to display the percentage and/or battery icon.
- option added: additional alarm added especially for the battery optimize and charge on hold function of the new OS
- option added: both the cable plugged and cable unplugged sound can be customized, so does the alarm sound
- automatically save user setting and refresh settings upon menu close and interface close
- bug fixed: alert will not be triggered while the status menu is open for setting
- bug fixed: user selected sound file setting will be lost after user switching
- bug fixed: notifications sending out while adjusting range sliders
- slider bar shape return to the old narrow style
- brand new startup tips added
- support menu updated
v3.12 -> v3.15
features adjusted according to user's feedback:
- adding back the option that over/blow warning sound effects can be customized
- status menu modified to bring back the traditional slim interface
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, works great. After installed restart
Very good battery app; could be the best if...
I'm always on the lookout for menu bar apps (menulings) with the smallest foot print. This app takes up even less menu bar real estate than the incumbent Battery Monitor which has unseated Apple's own underwhelming Battery menuling on my MBP. It also offers system Notifications when battery level falls below a definable threshold, which is a Must-have for battery apps, IMO. What makes this app less than perfect (and not quite ready to replace Battery Monitor yet) is the fact it doesn't report the Design Capacity and Current Capacity of the battery, like the latter does, hence my current four-star rating. Otherwise, it's a very good app for monitoring your current battery level, if you don't care about the capacity info. It has the potential to be the No. 1 battery menuling.
This application is what I wanted! I always hated it when I was doing something in full screen, and I forget to check the battery, and then it dies on me. With this, I can finally know when it reaches 20% so I can plug it in and when it reaches 100%! Keep up the good work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jiulong Zhao
- 3.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016-2021 dragonBTV. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.