- Luck of the Draw scenario repaired for Multiplayer. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to fix Luck of the Draw games that are already desynchronized
- Axis pre-dawn turns spelling corrected.
- Plane incidental sounds will only be heard during clear weather days.
- Combat previews longer show 2 retreat chances next to another.
- Camera controller improved.
- Settings language selection will no longer overlap the close button.
- Computer opponent selection screen text display updated.
- Multiplayer notification overlay now fits to screen.
- Multiplayer game file size reduced by up to 75%.
- "Sorry we were unable to notify your opponent by e-mail it was their turn." - This error will no longer appear while uploading a Multiplayer turn, since the upload has been successful.
- Downloading a game after an opponent has claimed it will no longer cause a crash.
- Added an Exit to Main Menu button in the Multiplayer Chat panel, so that if an upload error occurs multiple times, the player will be able to exit the game normally.
- Fixed bug when Showing notifications while logging into Multiplayer.
- AI can no longer trigger combat after breakthrough.
- Commando will appear in Briefing only during the day it has been used.
- 1 SS Panzer Division starting strength in the Endgame scenario set to 3.
- The Endgame victory conditions revised.
- Tournament Bitter End score calculation fixed.
- Added a paper label popup with information about the commando phase.
- Fixed application freeze in tutorial when using non-English languages.
- Mobile units are now able to return to their original space in the same turn, if movement rules allow it.
- The game no longer permits an attack across a bridge from more than one space away unless there is already another friendly unit in the target space AT THE START OF THE TURN. (as stated in the rules)
- All slot saves will work now.
- Language selection will now work in the game scene as well.
- Close button from the accept challenge with password works now.
- Close button from ingame help section will now fit in the screen.
- AI textures corrected for Patton and von Manteuffel.
- Turn indicator time passage will show the time now, as it should have.
- Loading screen background sprite updated.
- Ingame tooltip should fit better in screen bounds.
- Notifications number in tutorial should no longer overlap other menus.
- Menu transition in tutorial.
- PBEM requests will no longer be called if in offline mode.
Ratings and Reviews
So I finally switched to the new version as not many were left to play the original. Plays better than the initial reviews. AI has been lobotomized, I just surrounded about 10 divisions. Much more difficult to understand multiplayer system compared to original Game Center. I will say that once you figure out the multiplayer, there are a lot of good players online. Let's hope they improve the AI for the next update.
New update buggy & with some bad design decisions
The previous version of this game was one of the all-time best , indeed almost perfect, wargames on iPad on any other platform. This new update, which comes after the original game studio was bought by Slitherine, has some serious problems. Within 5-10 mins of play I noticed that the graphics seemed unstable with occasional sudden weird glitches such as screen shaking. The beautiful amazing elegant sound design of the original game has been messed with and spoiled e.g. with machine gun fire which is loud and goes on for far too long . There are interface formatting glitches not present in the original. And most alarming of all there I found what appears to be a major rule change (I hope it is a bug...) from the original - the change is about movement in the first couple of turns - the AI carried out 3 space strategic movement out of a contested zone !
The BEST war game in the App Store
For war gamers, this is the BEST game app in the App Store. WELL worth the purchase price. Easy to play, but still complex enough to be challenging. I play against other players from all over the world. The straight-up "Battle of the Bulge" scenario works well. Unfortunately, the "Luck of the Draw" scenario doesn't work online, but the "Endgame" version does, and is a very challenging scenario. For new players - play against the AI for a bit, and then challenge or accept a challenge against another player. Hugely rewarding and fun!
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- 459.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012-2013 Shenandoah Studio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Designer’s Guide $2.99
- The Endgame $3.99
- Bradley $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.