You sank my battleship!
The official version of the classic Hasbro board game of naval combat is now on mobile! Challenge other players in Classic Mode or in the all-new Commanders Mode - a fast-paced, strategic and tactical variation. Play with unique naval commanders and use resources to activate powerful special abilities that will secure you a win as you wage war on the high seas.
- Faithful conversion of the classic board game
- Head-to-head combat
- Sink your opponent’s fleet before they sink yours
- Call your shot and fire!
- BATTLESHIP with a twist!
- A brand new, more tactical variation of the game
- 3 new core abilities that shake up the strategic possibilities each turn
- Unique special abilities for each Commander
- New ship shapes to improve gameplay and the fun factor
- Battle with commanders from throughout the ages
- Each commander’s fleets feature unique and authentic art for each of the many warships! Watch as they come together in an epic clash of civilizations!
- Deploy your fleet to every corner of the world and battle in epic arenas inspired by historical naval battles!
MISSIONS AND RANKS
- Complete missions to earn medals, rank up and become the ultimate commander of the fleet!
- Battle against AI Commanders and raise your game before heading into multiplayer!
- Take on a world of commanders all battling to have the last fleet standing and prove that you have what it takes to conquer the oceans!
Join us in BATTLESHIP now, and set sail for adventure, battle and glory!
BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I bought this as part of the Monopoly/Clue/Life bundle and let me explain why it’s become my favorite. Turns out it’s way too easy to cheat on Monopoly/Clue multiplayer because all you need is a 2nd/3rd device joining the same session as you and you already have an advantage against the other players. With Battleship, it’s 1v1 so that element is removed. This was my original rationale when trying out BS because I otherwise enjoyed the other games.
I was pleasantly surprised that I actually liked the game a lot!! Particularly multiplayer Commander mode!
The last time I played BS was the actual board game so I can only speak for playing this app. I like the different classes, maps ect. I found this way more fun than the original “classic mode” I expected. I haven’t encountered any bugs really and there always seems to be people playing.
I hope they expand upon this game with further character/class customization.
Message to developers: please allow people to customize their Name/Photo/Avatar without having to use Facebook connect AKA, the data theft company.
The game takes over every single time!
My dad bought this app first so he could play with my kids and then told me about it answer me to download it. I never would have paid $4 for an app for which there are many free versions available. But since he already had it to play against my kids I had to buy it. I have never been so disappointed with an app, and cannot believe I paid $ for this. Every single game there comes a point in the game when the computer takes over and finishes the game for us. We know it’s happening because we FaceTime while we play and suddenly for one of us it shows we are waiting on the other player to take their turn but on the other person’s end they already took their turn and the computer took over and is playing against them while the first player waits around until the game shows it’s over or the computer takes over on their end too! I cannot explain how frustrating it is to explain to my kids every single game that the one they played was taken over or they finished the game against a computer because Grandpa’s end still shows he’s waiting for you to take a turn. It is so messed up. We waste hours sometimes because we will start a game again when we realize the computer too over. And I can only assume that’s what’s happening is that the computer took over - that or someone hacks into every game. Worst purchase ever.
AI Definitely Cheats; Explanation Below
Despite what the developers claim, the AI definitely cheats. Even on easiest settings the AI *always* wins, because it *always* knows where your ship starts and ends. For example:
I was playing the other day, and my long 5-ship was hit in the center spot. It took shots to the right for the remaining two spots, which makes sense, but then it *magically* knew that it had to shoot at the opposite side even though it never missed by shooting the spot *after* the end of the ship. And this happens all the time. It strikes the middle of a ship, but it somehow knows it hits the middle and finishes one end and magically switches to the other end after the perfect amount of hits in the first direction, never getting a miss, and miraculously sinking the ship all in one turn.
I don’t mind the “bonus” move after making a hit; those were literally the only rules I ever knew growing up, so apparently my family always played it wrong. However, the AI *magically* knowing exactly which spot of your ship it has hot every single time is a load of bull crap. If it hadn’t been too long since purchase, I would definitely get a refund.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Marmalade Game Studio Limited
- 432.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Astrid Stormur $3.99
- Euryleia $3.99
- Super Collection $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.