You sank my battleship!
The official version of the classic Hasbro board game of naval combat is now on mobile! Challenge other players in Classic Mode or in the all-new Commanders Mode - a fast-paced, strategic and tactical variation. Play with unique naval commanders and use resources to activate powerful special abilities that will secure you a win as you wage war on the high seas.
- Faithful conversion of the classic board game
- Head-to-head combat
- Sink your opponent’s fleet before they sink yours
- Call your shot and fire!
- BATTLESHIP with a twist!
- A brand new, more tactical variation of the game
- 3 new core abilities that shake up the strategic possibilities each turn
- Unique special abilities for each Commander
- New ship shapes to improve gameplay and the fun factor
- Battle with commanders from throughout the ages
- Each commander’s fleets feature unique and authentic art for each of the many warships! Watch as they come together in an epic clash of civilizations!
- Deploy your fleet to every corner of the world and battle in epic arenas inspired by historical naval battles!
MISSIONS AND RANKS
- Complete missions to earn medals, rank up and become the ultimate commander of the fleet!
- Battle against AI Commanders and raise your game before heading into multiplayer!
- Take on a world of commanders all battling to have the last fleet standing and prove that you have what it takes to conquer the oceans!
Join us in BATTLESHIP now, and set sail for adventure, battle and glory!
BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Hello BATTLESHIP commanders!
We have issued some fixes to make your game more stable.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
AI Definitely Cheats; Explanation Below
Despite what the developers claim, the AI definitely cheats. Even on easiest settings the AI *always* wins, because it *always* knows where your ship starts and ends. For example:
I was playing the other day, and my long 5-ship was hit in the center spot. It took shots to the right for the remaining two spots, which makes sense, but then it *magically* knew that it had to shoot at the opposite side even though it never missed by shooting the spot *after* the end of the ship. And this happens all the time. It strikes the middle of a ship, but it somehow knows it hits the middle and finishes one end and magically switches to the other end after the perfect amount of hits in the first direction, never getting a miss, and miraculously sinking the ship all in one turn.
I don’t mind the “bonus” move after making a hit; those were literally the only rules I ever knew growing up, so apparently my family always played it wrong. However, the AI *magically* knowing exactly which spot of your ship it has hot every single time is a load of bull crap. If it hadn’t been too long since purchase, I would definitely get a refund.
Obviously this game has to be compared to the previous iteration of Battleship, and it’s that comparison that makes this only so-so.
On the good side; game play is very fast, graphics are sharp and the game seems to be stable.
But some pretty big knocks on the minus side. The biggie, gameplay itself uses some optional multi-shot rules (get a bonus shot after every hit) I don’t really care for. And it ONLY uses this odd rule for “classic” game play. I miss the old “salvo” rule of one shot per ship afloat.
I also don’t immediately see how to choose a player name? Weird. I’m sure I’ll figure that out.
After living with this for a couple weeks I have a couple additional gripes. First, when playing sequential games, especially after forfeiting a game, a crash is almost a sure thing.
Second, which explains why the first one matters, this game CHEATS something awful. I know this is common with AIs because mostly, computers are stupid. But the cheating here is shameful; you get a follow up shot when ever you score a hit. Well, depending on where you hit, a follow up shot at the same target should normally have a 25-50% of scoring a hit. The ap hits easily 80-90% of the time.
At this point, I call it unplayable against the AI.
First, the AI modes are very annoying. The way that it hits a ship and then knows exactly how to finish it is baffling. It will hit a ship in the middle, finish one way and then magically switch to the other and sink the ship. Why would you program an AI experience to feel like being cheated?
Second, the current rules do not follow the traditional ones. Their new rules allow another shot if a hit is recorded. I prefer the original version where each player gets one shot per turn, regardless of outcome. There should be the option available for either way.
Third, I would prefer a system that would let me highlight where I want to shoot and then hit a button to confirm. I often select the wrong square because they are so small.
- Marmalade Game Studio Limited
- 432.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Astrid Stormur $3.99
- Frédéric Potier $3.99
- Strait of Gibraltar $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.