••• Bring back audible battery notifications to your Mac! •••
BattMan is a little application living entirely in your menu bar and monitoring the status of your battery and power.
• Display a User Notification to inform you that the system switched from one power source to another (e.g. when going from power supply to battery).
• Display a User Notification to inform you that the battery is low. You can configure the thresholds for both remaining time and remaining percentage and the User Notification will be displayed for whichever comes first, giving you plenty of time to find the power supply, save your work or do a proper system shutdown.
• Give you an option to control which brightness level to dim the display to while on battery power. This option gives you more control over the option available in Mac OS X System Preferences - now you can choose the brightness level as percentage
• Use several different icons in the menu bar to indicate battery and charging states. With one quick glance of an eye you'll instantly know whether the battery is fully charged or at a low level, or if there's a power supply connected to your computer.
• Display, in a sub-menu, all information about the battery that the system provides, such as: battery health, current capacity, voltage, charging or draining current, battery temperature and more.
• All notifications can be accompanied by an audible alert. These can also be turned off whenever you need to.
• Provide you with a quick access menu to quickly disable or enable notifications or audible alerts, without the need to open BattMan Preferences window. Ideal for meetings and other cases where you want to avoid distractions.
NOTE: Although there's no reason for BattMan not to run on a desktop Mac, it's really only useful on portable computers.
• NEW: Add Native support for Apple Silicon Macs
• FIX: Some battery details are reported differently on Apple Silicon Macs.
• FIX: Occasionally the remaining charging time was still showing even if it was 0
• FIX: In some cases the battery serial number was not displayed
• FIX: On M1 portable Macs, reporting of some of battery details changed causing incorrect data to be displayed. This is fixed now.
• UI: User interface changes for macOS Big Sur:
• The Status Bar no longer follows the Light / Dark theme as before, and instead it takes on the appearance depending on the Desktop Background colour
• Fix for the placement of the Welcome PopOver
Ratings and Reviews
Handy, Simple, and Provides Overlooked Functionality
For some reason Apple doesn't provide direct means to notify the user when wall power has been disconnected. That's unfortunate, since it's much more likely to happen accidentally than the opposite condition (how often is the power cable inadvertantly connected?), and more importantly, the lapse of mains power has more urgent consequences than the reverse. Until I found BattMan I used ControlPlane with a custom script to notify me on unplugging, but that's now no longer necessary since BattMan has an option to notify about both plugged-in and unplugged transitions. It also provides for notifying when discharging goes below a selected threshold, which is which I why I sought something like it. I wish it allowed for notifications above 30% capacity or 30 minutes - I would go for 50% - but it still provides basically what I need. Well crafted and the price is right, I happily recommend it!
Guess i should’ve expected that from an app that hasn’t been updated since 2015. Enjoy my $1
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you're not happy with the application. Are you sure it doesn't open at all? It should display a small icon in the shape of the battery in your menu bar.
Could you provide more details: your OS version and the hardware you're running it on to the support email?
Also, if you're really not happy with the application - I understand. You can always request a refund from Apple.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michal Krzysztofowicz
- 2.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 Michał Krzysztofowicz
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.