Enjoy BBC History Magazine, the UK's best-selling history magazine, on your iPhone and iPad. Dive into the latest issue, download the entire back issue collection and save more with a subscription.
Each month we assemble leading experts to explore a wide range of British, American and international historical topics – from ancient civilisations to the two world wars. Our historians tackle the key events and personalities of the past, as well as shining a light on lesser-known areas and explaining how the latest research changes our understanding.
Our App makes it easy to read and enjoy each issue with helpful features like text adjust, allowing you to amend the font size for clear reading on any device size. You can also bookmark your favourite features to revisit, and browse our archive of content with the handy search tool.
Every issue also contains a comprehensive reviews section, inspiring ideas for heritage visits, breaking history news and the historical background behind current events.
* * * * *
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
*Please note this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using the BBC History Magazine app! Here are the latest enhancements you’ll find in our update:
*Improved issue download speeds so you can easily enjoy your favourite content wherever you are
*General bug fixes
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great reading experience
The print quality and the contents are excellent which is why I bought the app subscription and it did not let me down. The articles have accompanying podcast which is great and I wish they could install this podcast for all articles not just a few in each issue. Also the special issues are great but not as interactive as the regular issues. When you want to download multiple issues simultaneously the queued issues may not sometimes download automatically but this won’t bother you. Overall excellent magazine with good app.
This app is an amazing way to learn history... Even for an American.
I don't live in the UK but I have always been fascinated by European history. I got this app so I can learn in an interesting way and get off social media for a little bit. I would definitely recommend this app to a friend that likes history.
Doesn’t recognize my subscription
I love the magazine and the app works fine for the most part. However, I have automatic renewal and it will not download the issues for 2020. It wants me to buy them, but when I click that, I get the message that I’m not up for renewal until Sept 2020. I’ve clicked “restore purchases” on both my iPhone and iPad and it’s still not recognizing my subscription purchased through the app. It downloaded the new Collector's Edition of Elizabethan Era, but not the regular editions of the history magazine. Please give me the magazines I’m paying for. I gave you a lot of money for all the back issues too. Actually, my iPad issues ended with July 2019, so you owe me more back issues for that
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing these problems. If you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with further information including the exact device/s and operating system then we'll be happy to investigate this further.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 42.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription $5.99
- 12-Month Subscription $68.99
- BBC History Magazine Apple News $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.