Every single page of the world's best-selling classical music magazine is included in our brand new app.
We’ve brought the great music we write about to life – you can now instantly sample and buy almost 200 recordings mentioned and recommended in every issue of BBC Music Magazine, thanks to our specially developed widget.
Click on any album cover or on underlined text, and the widget will open up, allowing you to hear extracts from hundreds of recordings – without ever leaving the app.
Click on any track to buy, and our widget will then take you to iTunes, where your choice will be highlighted, making it easier than ever to buy recommended recordings.
BBC Music Magazine is a must-read for anyone with a passion for classical music. Every issue brings the world of classical music to life, from interviews with the greatest artists and features on fascinating subjects, to all the latest news and opinions from around the music world.
There are also reviews of over 100 recordings, from symphonies and operas to big concertos by great composers from Bach to Vivaldi, each one rated by the finest writers in the business. BBC Music Magazine is the ultimate choice for classical music connoisseurs and new enthusiasts alike.
Now available on your iPad, there’s never been a better time to read BBC Music Magazine!
Subsciptions and Single Issues
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email email@example.com or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using our app! Here are the latest enhancements you’ll find in our update:
*General bug fixes
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've been reading this magazine for many years and have always enjoyed it immensely. The app version is even more enjoyable.
Terrible App and Even Worse Tech Support
This app has gone from mediocre to terrible. Every time a new issue becomes available, the app ceases to function and crashes. I have to delete it and reinstall it to get it to work (which means I have to redownload all of the issues that were archived on my device). Given the fact that downloading an issue is a long and cumbersome process (much longer than any magazine app I use). I have reported this on several occasions to their customer support and have not had the courtesy of a reply or fix. Many times have I truly thought of canceling my subscription because of this. I would also give e them a D+ grade in readability. They need to move to article view capability, like Condé Nast publications use, rather than the outdated “pinch to enlarge an article” approach.
Love the coverage... music absent
I used to subscribe to the print edition and loved it. Later when I found this app, I was thrilled and liked the ability to listen to the tracks digitally. That worked for the first editions. Then with the last two issues the digital music files from the CD are missing. I look forward to the tracks while I read the magazine. With no way to address this malfunction, I’m left wondering if I should cancel.
Developer Response ,
Hi Steve MT. Sorry to hear you are having problems. We've checked and confirmed the audio is present in the latest issues. If you are still encountering problems please get in touch at email@example.com and we'll be happy to investigate further.
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 41.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription $5.49
- 12-Month Subscription $54.99
- BBC Music Magazine $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.