BBQ Go is a smart cooking thermometer that connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth Low Energy. It makes your cooking easy and convenient.
- Displays temperature in real-time.
- Monitors up to 6 temperature probes
- Customizable cooking mode for different meat types and doneness levels.
- Countdown Timer
- Sound and vibration alarm
- Temperature graph
Ratings and Reviews
This works more like and instant read thermometer. I’ve been using this for several months, coming over from a Weber iGrill. The Weber app stored data to see the overall cook. The alarm would only go when it was set. Did what I wanted it to. I “upgraded” to the Inkbird bc I wanted the 4 probes and was hoping for similar, if not better app options. I also got my neighbor one thinking it would be great. The app leaves you wanting more. App data clears out so I can only see 30 minutes of cook graph, the alarms continuously go off even after you clear them. The app needs to store data to see the whole cook. If I’m cooking a brisket, what’s 30 minutes? If not upgrades, I’ll probably go back to my single iGrill or upgrade to something better.
App freezes and reboots everytime
I have enjoyed your product since I received it 2 weeks ago, and I have cooked 5 times using it.
However, everytime, the BBQ GO (V 1.7.9) application is failing on my iPhone. (I have iPhoneX, iOS 12.1.2)
It works for a few hours, but when I move between apps on my phone, the BBQ GO app freezes-up and reboots. Then all my previous temp data is erased!
This is a problem for me since when cooking a beef brisket, I am making decisions about the temperature performance over-time to decide when in “the stall” and when to wrap my brisket for finishing.
I like the convenience of this product, but if you depend on the app for performing the products key functions, then the app needs to be more stable to deserve any better rating than 1-star.
Battery life was great. Started at 76% charge and finished at 50% after a 12hr cook!
I like the red digital LED display. Easy to read.
Alarm needs to change. We need the following changes:
1. Should be able to mute the alarm on the main unit.
(I can set my phone to vibrate, but the alarm outside still sounds—- not good for a 5am cook and waking up my neighbors and family!)
2. We should be able to choose a pleasant iPhone alarm sound, instead we are forced to only hear your loud beeping -it sounds like a smoke detector! (And I can’t choose any other options on my phone besides vibrate. )
Decent now, update or two away from great
First, it seems that many of the graph issues that people were complaining about have been resolved. I ran a test with multiple probes soon after getting it. I was able to view the entire three hour test session graph and multiple probe readings without issue. I also didn't have any problems with the app crashing or losing the connection to my iPad.
Three things that I wish would be added in future updates:
1. It isn't formatted for the iPad. It's the smaller iPhone size and you have to expand it to the iPad screen. There are brackets where the window isn't filled. Not a clean look. (No issues using it on my iPhone).
2. I wish it would support landscape or horizontal viewing. I want to be able to have my iPad or iPhone use a stand and see the app without turning my head sideways. It would be easier to view the graph.
3. It would be nice to be able to save, export, or print data. That way I could reference previous sessions on the smoker for future cooks.
Overall the app is adequate for basic use. I'm generally pleased so far with the functionality, especially when considering the cost of the Inkbird its paired with.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shenzhen Inkbird Technology Co., Ltd.
- 70.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Shenzhen InkBird Technology Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.