See a U.S board certified doctor or licensed therapist from virtually anywhere – designed especially for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network members.
Having an online visit couldn’t be easier. Once you download the Blue Cross® Online VisitsSM app and register for an account, you can connect with doctors or therapists wherever it’s convenient for you: at home, in the office or even while traveling.
ONLINE HEALTH CARE OPTIONS
Depending on your plan, you can see a telehealth practitioner for medical, therapy or psychiatry services.
• Online doctors are available 24/7 for minor symptoms like sore throats and stuffy noses.
• If they determine that you need a prescription, they can send one to your nearest pharmacy. They can also send visit notes to your primary care physician at your request.
• All of our telemedicine doctors are U.S. board certified.
• See a doctoral-level psychologist or a master’s-level therapist by appointment.
• Therapists include clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors.
• All are trained in prevention and treatment techniques specific to telemedicine.
• Our psychiatrists are online doctors who are also U.S. board certified.
• They’re available by appointment and are capable of treating a variety of behavioral health conditions.
• They can prescribe medications and work with you to manage them, too, if you need it.
For members of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, the convenience of online health care is at your fingertips.
Blue Cross Online Visits is powered by American Well®, an independent company that provides online visits for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network members.
© 1996-2017 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. We provide health insurance in Michigan.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the provider during your virtual video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information, and respiratory rate.
We continue to improve the patient experience with these new features:
• Performance enhancements to increase reliability and speed
Ratings and Reviews
So Far, So Good!
I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Blue Cross for now offering this service to us! As a teacher, I am constantly getting sick with something throughout the school year. Luckily for me, the major illness that I get quite a few times a year are sinus infections. As my sinuses have been horrible this summer, I came down with my usual sinus infection in the cheek with the swelling and pain and it is not fun. The absolute LAST thing I want to do when I have one is sit in a crowded Urgent Care or doctor’s office in agony, and now I no longer have to. I really like the fact that you can pick the physician you want to see and you can view their information! I was seen by Dr. Jill Weber and would highly recommend her! She informed me that I should not take ibuprofen with the steroids I typically receive with my sinus infections. No other doctor has ever informed me of this! I would give this app and service 10 stars if I could! Keep up the good work! First time using it and 100% satisfied!
I am overjoyed with the fact that I do not have to wait for hours on end at a doctors office in a room filled with patients who are just as annoyed as I am with the wait even with a scheduled appt! Not to mention that my insurance pays for the online visits so I do not have anything out-of-pocket/copayment. I’ve only used the Medical doctors but the three times I have used the online visit app I have been more than satisfied with both the knowledgeable physicians and their great
Dispositions! I highly recommend to everyone but it’s especially great for those who have a little
More difficulty getting to an actual doctors office or they are limited on their mobility.
I opt to wait a little while longer than normal for Dr. Horner because she is so personally, knowledgeable and speaks to me in medical terms that non-medical people can understand and grasp. I highly recommend using this app! Especially if you’re not able to get to a doctors office so easily!
Thank you so much!
This app allows me to receive the psychiatric and therapeutic care I need without missing work. This has seriously changed my life and I have never been more comfortable with my appointments, especially since I can snuggle with my dog and lay on my couch. Plus, my psychiatrist is amazing and actually takes time to talk with me as opposed to the five minute visits I’ve grown used to in the past. Thank you so much for providing this option!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- 197.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2018 American Well. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.