••• Trusted by millions of users worldwide •••
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes, tags and due dates to tasks
- Use filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Export data to a CSV file
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Integration with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using Eisenhower's urgent/important principle*
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac**
- Mac version is also available
* Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
** Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
• Improved sync speed between devices
• Added compatibility with the latest version of operating system and latest devices
• Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keep the Pro
I just started using this app. I find it very helpful for staying on task and for encouraging myself to take care of large tasks in small pieces, instead of waiting for a big chunk of time that never materializes. Whittling away by a Pomodoro or two at a time is much less intimidating than facing a week or a month on one gigantic project. It also encourages me to take regular, short breaks that do not derail my progress. I like the word pro on the badge because it helped me discern the free version I originally downloaded from the paid version. I agree with the people who prefer to use the phone version in order to conserve computer resources.
UPDATE: l've had this app for a while now. It's one of my favorites. It does exactly the description says it. And when I use it, my days are far more productive and far more peaceful. I hope the developer continues to update this excellent app so it's always current with the latest operating system.
I like the timer. Now how do you integrate w/focus matrix?
I got the pro bundle because I liked the focus timer pro a lot. I don’t see how the focus matrix integrates with the timer, however. I want to time activities according to the focus matrix. My goal is to time my activities but not have all of them count as equal pomodoros. For example, if I time habits or routines I want to either reduce or reinforce, they can count towards the pomodoros for the day according to the order of priority allotted in the focus matrix.
I don’t know how to translate these goals into a form readable by focus timer and matrix, in other words. The description here says there’s integration with Focus Matrix but I don’t see how this works. I keep getting prompted to upgrade even though I bought the pro.
Developer Response ,
Please get in touch with us at “email@example.com” so we can take a look at why this is happening. Thank you.
Does the complex things well and the simple things badly
What’s good about this app is how it slices and dices the time you spend on different tasks and presents it to you in graphs. Not just timing but time tracking, that’s good.
What’s driven me in frustration is that it simply will either not produce a sound or produce one at any kind of proper volume. On my iPad Pro, with the system sound turned up to the max and the app sound turned up to the max, sounds turned on in the app and tested in the app, notifications turned on in the system, it simply refuses to produce any notification sound. On my iPhone, in the same situation, the sound volume is so low that it can barely be heard in even very low noise situations.
This is bad—the whole point of notifications is that it should notify you. If you’re okay with constantly looking over and checking the timer, this app is fine, but I’m so frustrated I’m no longer going to use it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! This is not the way Be Focused should work. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help in solving this annoying issue.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Denys Ievenko
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Xwavesoft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.