Beam is a scalable confidential cryptocurrency based on the Mimblewimble protocol.
This is the official version of the Beam Mobile Wallet. The wallet allows you to conveniently hold, send and receive your Beam coins by using alphanumeric addresses or QR codes in a convenient, safe and secure manner.
* Sending and receiving Beam coins using addresses or QR codes
* Observing the status of your transactions in real time
* Viewing the list of available, locked and spent coins in the UTXO (unspent transaction outputs) screen
* Address Book
* Proof of payment
* Convenient link to report issues from the Settings screen
We welcome any feedback and feature suggestions from our community.
This release focuses on usability and aesthetics. We've implemented many of the features, justifiably requested by our customers in the April 2019 community survey. Just look through the features and improvements list and tell us what else do you need to transform our wallets into a full-fledged financial workstation :)
• Send/Receive screens were redesigned, so that simple actions will require even less clicks yet to allow advanced settings for a greater flexibility
• When sending Beam, allow to search for address to send from (or create a new one)
• When receiving Beam, allow to search for the address to receive to (or create a new one)
• A category can be assigned to any address for better readability and bookkeeping.
• 3D touch and swipe for quick access to various functions from within the app and as well from the launcher
• Repeated transactions will save your time when sending Beam: choose it, re-edit amount and comment and send!
• Securely Show Owner key: when connecting to your own node (and your own node only), deploying the wallet owner key will allow the node to monitor all UTXO sent to any wallet generated from the same seed phrase. Don't share your owner key with others as it allows to see all your funds!
• Graceful undo of transaction and addresses: when unintentionally deleting an address or sending funds you'll have a chance to undo it from a snack bar with a nice countdown
• "Where to buy BEAM?" button is introduced (this handy feature should be used with awareness as switching out from the wallet to the web server is a privacy risk, therefore, every customer will need to explicitly approve the feature before actual use)
• "Send all" is supported when sending Beam to avoid coindust
• When deleting an address all the related transactions can be optionally deleted
• Seed phrase words will be autocompleted at most after 4 characters
• Addresses can be shared using the system dialog
• Link to Kernel ID of every transaction in blockchain explorer (this feature also should be used with awareness as switching out from the wallet to the web server is a privacy risk, therefore, every customer will need to explicitly approve the feature before actual use)
• Long amounts are displayed correctly
Ratings and Reviews
Great BUT add ability to import
Hello Developers at Beam,
Thank you for the official wallet! Quick question, will Beam support importing a wallet? I forget what I read about this functionality coming to Beam or not.
I just read the github notes which states the limitation with having multiple wallets with the same seed (aka the same account).
Will this remain a limitation? Or is this something the developers want to address in a future release?
Easy to use
Easy to use wallet with all the benefits of privacy coin.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.