Beam is a Scalable and Confidential Cryptocurrency based on Mimblewimble
Beam is a Confidential DeFi Platform, built on top of Mimblewimble, LelantusMW and Dandelion privacy-preserving protocols.
This is the official version of the Beam Mobile Wallet. The wallet allows you to conveniently manage and transact your BEAMs and Confidential Assets using alphanumeric addresses or QR codes in an easy, safe and secure manner.
* Send and receive BEAMs and CAs using addresses or QR codes
* Monitor the status of your transactions in real-time
* Receive notifications keeping your IP address unexposed
* Collect donations while the wallet is completely offline with a public offline address
* Use dark mode in subdued light or when the night comes
* The wallet speaks many languages
We are always open to any feedback and feature suggestions from our community.
L;DR Release Highlights:
Confidential Assets have arrived in the Beam Mobile Wallet! Send and receive, get payment proof, see the balance and extended info: we’ve covered pretty much everything to help CAs become first-class citizens.
The regular addresses were fixed to be correctly recognized by some exchanges (such as Binance) without any workarounds.
For ETH-bound traders, along with BTC and USD, the wallet also shows amounts in ETH from now on.
Once generated, do not offer the same offline address to multiple senders of payments
Points to mention:
“Max Privacy” was renamed to “Max Anonymity Set”
When restoring your funds in automatic mode, verify that your most recent transaction (from any device) was completed at least 1 hour ago. Otherwise, your restored balance may be incorrect and an additional restore procedure will be required.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the better company created hard wallet apps I’ve used 3 suggestions though
1. When your confirming a send the confirmation button should be accessible with out having to scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
2. Please add a USD/SATS to BEAM display for convenience and reference purposes.
3. Possibly add a tab of sorts for a price history graph or chart.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for the trust, 5-stars score and feedback. Taking "1" to our next product design meeting. "2" is already in the works. "3" will take longer, but we'll get there.
I wish there were a little more in-depth tutorials online in video format, but so far, the wallet works great when you figure it out.
Only used desktop version so far on OSX, now trying it on iOS.
Will give more stars once I observe this more
It had already crashed on me once that was kinda scary to me I fear loosing a transaction if the app just so happens to when in process of. And I’m relatively new to this coin I don’t know if the permanent address for mining is supposed to change everytime I restart the app but that scares me I will be so mad if I mine and it gets sent to wrong address... at this point it’s a waiting game to see what happens
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Beam Development Limited
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Beam Development Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.