Beam is a scalable confidential cryptocurrency based on the Mimblewimble protocol.
This is the official version of the Beam Mobile Wallet. The wallet allows you to conveniently hold, send and receive your Beam coins by using alphanumeric addresses or QR codes in a convenient, safe and secure manner.
* Sending and receiving Beam coins using addresses or QR codes
* Observing the status of your transactions in real time
* Viewing the list of available, locked and spent coins in the UTXO (unspent transaction outputs) screen
* Address Book
* Proof of payment
* Convenient link to report issues from the Settings screen
We welcome any feedback and feature suggestions from our community.
TL;DR Release Highlights:
• The hard fork to enable Shaders will take place at block 1280000. To continue accessing your funds please upgrade your wallets prior to reaching the height!
• Send and Receive screens became simple to use, thanks to every community member who pushed us to rework the address-related logic
• Selecting a node looks nicer now and so the blockchain sync process
• When using active laser beam channels the CLI wallet should not be offline for over 24 hours
• Once generated, do not offer the same offline address to multiple senders of payments
Points to mention:
• Fees for general (Mimblewimble) transactions will increase to 100k Groth (an increase of 1000x). This increase is in order to protect against the threat of spamming attacks, whilst keeping the fee minimal for users.
• When restoring your funds in automatic mode, verify that your most recent transaction (from any device) was completed at least 1 hour ago. Otherwise, your restored balance may be incorrect and an additional restore procedure will be required. When restoring your funds with your specific node, verify that the node is fully synchronized with the blockchain before starting the restore procedure. Otherwise, your restored balance may be incorrect and an additional restore procedure will be required.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the better company created hard wallet apps I’ve used 3 suggestions though
1. When your confirming a send the confirmation button should be accessible with out having to scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
2. Please add a USD/SATS to BEAM display for convenience and reference purposes.
3. Possibly add a tab of sorts for a price history graph or chart.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for the trust, 5-stars score and feedback. Taking "1" to our next product design meeting. "2" is already in the works. "3" will take longer, but we'll get there.
I wish there were a little more in-depth tutorials online in video format, but so far, the wallet works great when you figure it out.
Only used desktop version so far on OSX, now trying it on iOS.
Will give more stars once I observe this more
It had already crashed on me once that was kinda scary to me I fear loosing a transaction if the app just so happens to when in process of. And I’m relatively new to this coin I don’t know if the permanent address for mining is supposed to change everytime I restart the app but that scares me I will be so mad if I mine and it gets sent to wrong address... at this point it’s a waiting game to see what happens
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Beam Development Limited
- 31 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Beam Development Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.