••• Featured by Apple in Money Management - Business Accounting collection •••
BeanCounter is a powerful yet easy to use professional bookkeeping, time tracking, and invoicing application. It features double-entry accounting, multiple currency support, and a simple one window user interface. Manage accounts, clients, projects, merchants, and bills for an unlimited number of businesses. Stay on top of your business with detailed reports and graphs.
Add new transactions with support for nine types of custom fields and file attachments. Attach photos, scans, voice memos, and files such as receipts, invoices, and other documents to each transaction. Define custom accounting periods and automatically clear down nominal accounts. BeanCounter supports budgets, filters, batch transaction editing, autofill, and split/repeat transactions. Import and export transactions to a variety of file formats.
Track project tasks and expenses for clients. Tasks may be timed (using the included time tracker) or non-timed. Generate customized estimates and invoices itemizing tasks and expenses. Choose from five invoice layouts or design your own custom layout. Keep track of outstanding invoice balances and manage incoming payments.
- double-entry, accrual accounting
- create an unlimited number of businesses
- support for self-proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
- define custom accounting periods
- create custom units/currencies
- full-screen support
- auto save
- create 16 types of accounts
- set a budget for each account
- create complex filters with any combination of transaction fields
- advanced search
- single and multiple transaction entry forms
- multiple currency support
- add custom fields (nine types) for local taxes, payment type, completion dates, or anything else
- mileage support including start/stop values
- attach photos, voice memos, and other files to transactions
- split transactions with balance button
- create repeating transactions
- batch edit transactions
- create merchants for tracking bills and payments
- create repeating bills
- make payments to multiple bills
- create clients for managing projects with tasks and expenses
- timed tasks with time tracker (application and menulet)
- non-timed tasks (flat, hour, day, week, month, quarter, year)
- minimum, rounding, and idle warning task time preferences
- make payments to multiple invoices
- send project estimates/invoices with itemized list of tasks and expenses
- includes five invoice layouts with support for creating custom layouts
- select which invoice fields to include and customize titles
- option to include previous balance and payments
- create repeating invoices
- generate 10 types of reports with graphs
- option to select comparison date
- customize fonts
- transactions (with attachments)
- project tasks (with task items) and expenses
- import CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX files
- export CSV, HTML, PDF, QIF, and OFX/QFX files
- option to create new accounts, list items, and tags when importing
- update currency exchange rate service
Ratings and Reviews
Great App by itself, but needs more...
Excellent, simple, no-frills App. Exactly what a business accounting App should be. The simplicity means you need to understand the flow of money throughout your business which is critical to budiling a business. I can’t think of a type of business that could’nt benefit from using this APP. I gave this App three stars because it lacks two components critical for building a business in today’s mobile world - an iPhone/iPad counterpart and iCloud integration. Add those two missing components and this App is five-stars.
This is app works!!!
I bought this app some months ago…I did not understand it at first so I bought YNAB; but after trying it again, I got to understand the way it works.
I hava organized a Small Business with this app and I have found this app to be full of good surprises. I can take pics of all my receipts and place them as attachments
on every log + I can add invoces directly from my Numbers templates on the entries I make. I also like the way I make invoices and track time. I am
not an accountant; but this app has helped me to see my cash flow and understand my operation expenses and earnings better. I can say that I have made more
money as a result of organizing my business with this app…Thanks..:-). The graphics and report charts are not pretty…I think a real accountant thought of
this app; it reflects on its looks… it goes to the point in a very monochromatic style and without any textures..ha..ha..:-)
Thanks for the App..it has helped me a lot..I can't wait to see the future versions.
Not user friendly and no tutorials
I am struggling to get this software to work for me. So far I haven't been able to set it up to create a project and generate an invoice. I regret my purchase. The Help manual is woefully inadequate and there are no tutorials to be found anywhere.
I have written the developer to ask for help and will amend my review if they get back to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.