Bear is a beautiful, powerfully simple Markdown app to capture, write, and organize your life.
Take notes, plan your day, journal thoughts, organize tables, create lists and tasks, sketch ideas, link notes together, write a book, and much more. Bear is used by writers, lawyers, chefs, CEOs, teachers, doctors, engineers, students, parents.. you get the picture. Getting started couldn’t be faster—no signup and no account. Just open a note and write naturally.
"My journaling app of choice is Bear" - Kit Eaton, New York Times
* 2017 Apple Design Award
* 2016 App Store App of the Year
* Editors' choice for 7 consecutive years
* Most of our parents love it
## BEAUTIFUL. SIMPLE. POWERFUL. PRIVATE
- Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
- Clip web pages and other content with Bear’s app extension
- The redesigned Info Panel now with Table of Contents and Backlinks
- Support for all the scripts including RTL languages like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian
- Easily create notes with Siri and Shortcuts
- Your notes, not ours - Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
## FLEXIBLE MARKDOWN
- Work in plain text - easy to move between apps
- Still use formatting like bold, italics, strikethrough, links, tables, and more with Markdown
- Combine text styles like bold and underline, even in headings
- Markdown hides for a clean reading experience
- Use WikiLinks to connect notes and build a personal wiki or knowledge management tool
## GET ORGANIZED with #tags, tasks, and more
- Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
- Pin important tags to the top of the Sidebar
- Make important tags stand out in the Sidebar with TagCons
- Add tasks to notes and easily view all notes that include tasks
- Fold sections to get them out of the way
## SHARING MADE EASY
- Export notes to plain text, Markdown, TextBundle, Bear note, and rich text
- Export notes to HTML, DocX, PDF, JPG, and ePub (Bear Pro required)
- Easily share your notes to any third-party app with the Share Sheet
## SEARCH FAR AND WIDE
- Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
- Search for text inside photos and PDFs (Bear Pro required)
- Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Special Searches like @todo, @images, and @yesterday
## CREATE YOUR COZY SPACE
* Pick from nearly 30 themes for the perfect writing space in both Light and Dark Mode (Bear Pro required)
* Choose an app icon that speaks to your personality (Bear Pro required)
* Set your own fonts for plain text, headings, and code
* Set line height and width, paragraph spacing, and more
## GET MORE WITH BEAR PRO
One subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
- Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
- Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
- Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
- Export to more formats including HTML, DocX, PDF, JPG, and ePub
- Search for text inside images and PDFs in Bear notes
- Over 30 beautiful app themes & app icons
14-day free trial
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your App Store account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Terms of Service: http://www.bear.app/terms/
Fixed more macOS 11 startup crashes
Some widget fixes concerning Sonoma
Fallback on PNG data for sketch data not supported by the iOS/macOS release
Ratings and Reviews
Steinbeck liked pencils, and Orwell had his trusty Remington typewriter. But us? We like Bear. It’s a writing app that’s as capable as the best of them—but doesn’t bury us in technical intricacies and toolbars. Linking notes is as easy as dropping a hashtag, and formatting your work is a total breeze.
An amazing app so close to perfection!
This app is truly amazing. I had tried probably close to a dozen list/to-do/notes apps during my time in gradschool and many worked alright but I never fell in love. But ever since I have had Bear, I am nearly perfectly content. It looks great, it syncs perfectly and instantly between all of my devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook). The tagging system works really well for my feild of work. I use this app for both work and personal, and it is so great.
My only complaint and it will continue to plague my experience is that I cannot collaborate on any notes. It seems simple enough to add a feature so that my wife and I can collaborate on a grocery list or "movies we want to rent." But alas, this app will continue to gets lots and lots of run in my life (I use it extensively every single day!), however it will still make me disappointed everytime I have to use some other sub-par app just to make a collaborative note... Developers, hear my cry!
This is a fantastic App. I switched from Evernote and have not looked back. The simplicity of the user interface is key. With other note apps it is easy for me to lose or forget about notes because they are hidden behind layers of organization. In Bear, notes don't fall through the cracks of the interface design. It is sleek and simple, and helps tremendously with organizing ideas and finding them quickly. The best feature of Bear is the ability to organize notes relationally and not only hierarchically. With the ability to tag at sentence level, I can connect ideas across categories and later display them quickly in one search. One of the reasons I wanted to switch from Evernote is because tags could only be assigned at note level. I haven't used Evernote for a while, so perhaps this has since changed. For publishing notes, Bear is also superior with the ability to write in Markdown HTML, export as PDF, or create plaintext files. I now use Bear for work and research, and for keeping track of personal matters. Suggestions for future development: more themes (I love these!), support for tables, quick text recognition from a photo, new note from iPhone widget.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shiny Frog Ltd.
- 40.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Shiny Frog Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro $2.99
- Bear Pro $29.99