If you are the kind of person that wants to engage their musical creativity while on the go - we have just the app for you.
Making beats has never been so easy.
Beat Beat Play brings you a new and powerful way of making drum beats while on the go. Powerful simplicity is the key with an interface designed specifically for the iPhone touch screen. You will be going from scratch to head bobbing in no time at all.
* 1 2 or 4 bars of 16 drum hits each.
* A further 6 Patterns per drum beat - with seamless switching on the fly.
* Quantized Recording and Freestyling on virtual drum pads with Tap Mode. Your recording is saved to the step sequencer.
* Completely editable while playing for instant feedback.
* 3 Record modes when Tapping - Additive, Overwrite and Fix for ultimate versatility.
* Swing and Feeling sliders to make your beats sound less like a robot. Though the robot is fine with us...
* Editable Volume, Pitch, and Alternative Sound for each and every drum hit.
* Triplet Hits to take your beats off the grid. Everything is better in threes.
* Use audio samples from your music library with the "Build Your Own" Drum Kit. You can use audio files up to 10 seconds long.
* Multiple Time Display modes - Bouncing ball - LineSwipe - Light Emitting Diode.
* Export your beats to MIDI for use in your favorite DAW.
Base Pack (Free):
* New York - Classic Hip Hop sound. Fo' real.
* Nashville - A clean no-frills rock sound.
* Detroit - Sounds for the dance floor. I just want to dance.
* 8-bit City - Retro sounds from gaming's yesteryear.
* London (80s) - Who doesn't want to play the Electric Drums?
* Seattle - Loud Alternative Rock sounds good.
* Berlin - Techno Techno Dance and Techno.
* Build Your Own - Make your own kit using your own Music library samples of up to 3 seconds.
We hope you consider making some super mad beats with Beat Beat Play, and above all - have a good time doing it.
The Fat Eel Studios Team
- Fixed a bug which caused sequencer buttons to not activate on older versions of iOS
Also new in 2.0:
- You can now tap the drum pads and edit the sequencer simultaneously on iPad for faster workflow
- New UI layout on iPhone
- Faster switching to Pitch, Volume and Triplet modes on iPad
- Improved MIDI export file format
- You can now export MIDI over more mechanisms than just email
- The app now respects the mute switch on your device
Ratings and Reviews
Good drum machine
Does everything its supposed to do. I have not tried the upgrades or sending the beat to Multitrack DAW yet.
There’s no sound wish I could get my money back
Developer Response ,
Hi stauffers, is your mute switch on your device turned off? If so, feel free to hit me up on the email linked on the website on the app store page and we can figure it out.
If we still have no luck and you want to get a refund you can find instructions on the internet on how to do so from your app store receipt!
Best LIVE drums app!
BEAT BEAT PLAY is without question the best drum machine app for non-drummers. The ability to choose from 6 variations of the pattern selected from simple to complex allows on-the-fly matching of "feel" to song demands. No other app has this capability. If you are NOT a drummer but want drums to instantly fit with your idea of what drums should be doing to fit perfectly with the song you are playing, BEAT BEAT PLAY is the only answer. I have programmed 10 styles with 6 variations each from simple to complex and can play any song (even requests) without pre-programming including 8 BEAT, 16 BEAT, SLOW BALLAD, SWING, BOSSA (with rhumba, salsa, beguine, tango included) SLOW ROCK, TRAINS, SHUFFLE, ROCK, and WALTZ. BEAT BEAT PLAY is a live solo musicians dream.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.