Create a portfolio of stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds and try to beat the S&P500 and other users. Uses real market data (most exchanges and real time) to execute market orders along with limit and stop orders.
Beat the Market is a portfolio emulator that uses real-time real-market data to let you create a virtual portfolio of real assets and compare your virtual portfolio's return to the S&P500 and other users
* start with $100,000 virtual cash
* buy a portfolio of listed stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds
* accepts many different buy orders: market order, market-on-open order, limit buy order, stop buy order (Screenshots 3,4)
* shows real time value of portfolio assets (Screenshot 2)
* allows the use of a proxy asset to approximate the intra-day gain/loss of any asset that does not trade during the day
* credits portfolio with dividends and splits
* plots daily portfolio value against S&P500 (Screenshot 1)
* calculates portfolio beta and alpha
* compares return and alpha to S&P500 (Screenshot 5)
* compares return and alpha to other users (requires iOS8)
Creating a portfolio of assets with your $100,000 is free.
Selling Assets: Beat the Market will also allow you to sell any asset to increase your cash position or to buy different assets. Selling requires a commission 'Token'. Tokens are available as an In-App Purchase. Purchased Tokens can be transferred to any nearby iOS device.
* accepts many different sell orders: market order, market-on-open order, limit sell order, stop sell order
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 - bug fix and iPhone X tab alignment
1.4.0 - new stock market data provider.
Ratings and Reviews
BTM Stock Market
I like the overall format, but would help if there were the stocks available to be traded listed.
Waste of time. Can’t play the game without buying “tokens” - if you read their documentation first, you’ll discover that buying stocks with play money is free, but to sell a stinker you have to buy IAP tokens. No thanks, plenty of free paper trading websites and apps out there.
A real challenge
I wish all my trader friends would try this and see if they can Beat The Market. This lets you place all the standard trades (market open, limit, stop, on the market) against any stock on almost any public market. And it keeps track of dividends. Then it shows the result of your portfolio and ranks it against the market - both return and (beta adjusted) alpha. There should be weekly betting pools around this app at all trading desks - but based on alpha not return!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Peter Kramer
- 6.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Kramer and Kramer Software
- In-App Purchases
- package of 10 Tokens (1 Token is required for each sell order) $0.99
- package of 60 Tokens (1 Token is required for each sell order) $2.99
- package of 30 Tokens (1 Token is required for each sell order) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.