Get the most out of your Elliptical workouts with BeatBurn! BeatBurn Elliptical is the first Elliptical Trainer in the App Store, combining lolo's exclusive beat-sync technology with expert guidance from a personal trainer to put a whole new spin on your workout.
beat-sync analyzes the BPM (Beats Per Minute) of your music, selects the best songs from your iPod playlist to fit the intensity of your workout, then changes the beat on the fly, perfectly matching your pace.
Why does this matter? How does it help you? Research shows that music distracts the brain during exercise and faster music causes people to accept and even prefer a greater degree of effort. This means:
• You will work harder without trying (or without even feeling the difference),
• You will get better results from the increased effort,
• And most importantly, the time will fly by.
• beat-sync shifts the tempo of your music to match your pace.
• Includes 24 tracks of high-energy music (2-CDs worth)!
• A real voice guides and motivates you through your workouts – not a scary computer voice.
• Fill out your profile and BeatBurn designs the perfect program.
• Your program progresses, every day is a new challenge.
• Set your pace by RPM or Strides per Minute. If your machine doesn't display either, don't worry, the beat of the music will set your pace for you.
• Adjust your workout at anytime using the interactive graph.
• Track your history and share your progress on Facebook or Twitter.
• Retina Display support.
• Bluetooth audio compatible.
• Sync your workouts to the Health app.
• Compatible with most bluetooth heart rate monitors.
There's nothing quite like the feeling of moving to the beat of your favorite song. That Saturday Night Fever strut? (YouTube it, kids) We wanted to have that feeling during every workout, so we built BeatBurn to dynamically change the beat of YOUR music to perfectly match your pace. Trust us, your workouts will feel easier even though you're actually working harder and burning more calories.
BeatBurn continuously analyzes your workout and picks the best songs to drive you through a great workout.
INTERACTIVE PERSONAL TRAINER
BeatBurn features an interactive personal trainer whose voice guides you through each workout, giving you the tips you need to get the most out of your workout and the motivation to keep going no matter how tough it gets. BeatBurn gives you complete control as you move through your workout. Turn the intensity down a bit when you're struggling or crank it up when you're ready for more, and your trainer adjusts your workout - and your music - on the fly.
DESIGNED AROUND YOU
Whether you're a beginner or an athlete, BeatBurn will design the perfect program to match your schedule and fitness level.
BeatBurn workouts change up the intensity frequently to keep it fun and exciting and most importantly, to challenge your body. Each program uses a combination of intervals and pyramid training to mix up the intensity.
BeatBurn keeps track of your intensity and calories burned, so you always know if you're on track to hit your personal fitness goal.
Your personal network is key to reaching your goals. Share your successes with them through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Email.
Works with Health
- Completed workouts sync to the Health app, including distance, calories burned and duration.
Bug fixes and improved app stability. We appreciate the input from our fans, so please send any other concerns or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app except cool down
I like this app. The “coach” gives you updates on time left on each interval. I completed the beginner level of 20 days, but I did not feel ready to ramp it up, so I went back and redid some of the previous days.
The one thing I don’t like is the cool down section. Almost every time, the “coach” says it’s time to cool it down. (I’m on beginner, so my workout has me working at 40, 45 and 50 rpm) And the workout section ends at a 50 rpm interval. The cool down is an interval of 50 rpm! How can the cool down be at a 50 rpm rate?? It should drop by at least 5 rpm, to 45. And I can’t use the touch control to lower the intensity. It doesn’t work because I’m on beginner level,I think.
Other than that, it is a pretty good app. I notice the last update was 2 years ago. This could be a great app with a new update.
I have been using this elliptical app for over 3 years. When I started it was really the only one I could find that guided you through a workout. I loved it! I never was bored.
Over the last year, my use was more sporadic as I trained for a marathon. However, the weather is getting colder and I plan to use my elliptical again on a regular basis. I opened my app as usual, changed my workout to 60 minutes, and then discovered ALL of my music (3 years worth!) was gone! It has happened before by my own mistake, but I easily (although, not quickly) was able to find my playlist in my music and transfer all of it back into the app. This time, that is not an option. I cannot get my own music into the app. I cannot use the BeatBurn unless I use the 15 or so songs that are stored within the app, that I did not put there & it is music that I do not care to listen to. I can listen to my playlist in the background, but it will not necessarily match the workout/beat I should be doing. The main reason I love this app is no longer available to me within the app and it's really discouraging. If/when the user can transfer their own music back into the workout, this is a 5 star app. Until then, it's not motivating enough to use it.
First, let me say that I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I really like this app. I use it every day. There are just a few things, in my opinion, that would make this app great.
1. The ability to change songs with the remote on earbuds! More often than not, songs repeat and it is not very user friendly to have to tap the little arrow to bring up the music controls and then tap the little forward button when you are getting your work in on the elliptical. If that is not possible, how about making the controls much bigger?
2. Why can I only choose 15, 30 and 60? There should be a slider to choose workout duration. Maybe 5 minute increments.
3. Users should be able to use another slider to determine the frequency of how often you switch between forward and backward. In some workouts, I go backward more than forward and I hate that, so I just skip some of the backward time.
If anything, I would say music controls is the most important thing. Thanks for reading. Again, I really like the app and this is one of many of the lolo apps that I own.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.