*** BEATMAKER 3 IS AVAILABLE NOW ! ***
BeatMaker 2: Advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Build your own virtual home-studio, create multiple instruments and connect them to a full-range of audio effects.
Compose, record, arrange and transform your ideas into complete songs, ready to be shared with others.
Import your own sounds or use the sound library provided: more than 170 high-quality instrument and drum presets from synthesizers to realistic orchestral sounds. You can even import songs from your iPod library!
Connect your MIDI accessories for an external control of BeatMaker's instruments, effects and mixer, ideal for home-studio productions and live performances. Compatible with audio interfaces with the Camera Kit (iPad only).
Works on all iPhone, iPod and iPad models starting with third generation devices (iPhone3GS, iPod3G 32GB, iPhone 4/4S/5, all iPads).
- Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine, Keyboard Sampler, Audio Tracks
- 11 effects: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive, 6-Band Parametric EQ
- 3 effect slots for each instrument
- CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
* DRUM MACHINE:
- 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 banks
- Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
- Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
- Low/high pass filter per pad
- Pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
- ADSR Envelope ADSR control for each pad
- Exclusive groups and polyphony management
- "Live" modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
- Pad copy & paste
* KEYBOARD SAMPLER
- 128-key keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
- Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
- Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
- Low/high pass filter with key tracking
- 2 LFOs to control volume, pitch and filter parameters
- Polyphony control, up to 32 voices
- Legato play mode with glide
- Velocity layers
* AUDIO TRACKS:
- Add audio tracks for recording and sample playback directly on the sequencer
- Record multiple audio tracks simultaneously
- Gain and noise gate on audio inputs
- Support for disk streaming to load samples without consuming RAM
* MULTI-TRACK SEQUENCER
- Create unlimited instrument, audio and FX tracks
- Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
- Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
- Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters and automations.
- Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
* WAVE EDITOR
- Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive interface for manipulating samples
- Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with undo/redo
- High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
- Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
- Record new samples from microphone or instruments
- Loop points and tempo/signature editor
* MIXER CONSOLE
- Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
- Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for each track
- Four sends available for each instrument/audio tracks
* LARGE SOUND BANK INCLUDED
* SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS
- MIDI files import/export
- MIDI Out, Sync, Thru support
- Virtual MIDI support
- Korg's WIST support
- Transfer files from/to your computer via iTunes or FTP
- Import songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
- Upload songs to your SoundCloud account
- DropBox support
- Share audio content via iOS pasteboard
• Dropbox is back!
• Added Bluetooth MIDI support
• Fixed iPhone 8/8+ UI glitches
• Compatibility with iOS11
• Older (32-bits) iPad/iPhones/iPod Touch support is back
• Fixed the Bluetooth MIDI panel glitch
• Small improvements around the app
Ratings and Reviews
Best DAW ever!
I’ve been using BM2 since 2011 (started on the iPhone 4) and til this day I make the majority of my beats in this app. I went from Fantom S keyboard to Reason 5 to BeatMaker 2. I rarely use Reason today except to add on to beats I’ve already made on my phone. I mostly sample in BM2 for melodies (it’s sooo easy to chop and manipulate samples on the fly compared to Reason’s “Recycle” companion) I very rarely use the stock instruments in BM2 other than to reference melodies but with FX like “Filter” and “Equalizer” I’ve gotten some pretty cheesy stock sounds to sound pretty dope within a mix. If I need to, I’ll just export the MIDI and import the beat’s MIDI into the Reason 5 DAW to swap sounds from my vast collection of “Refills” (Reason’s version of VST’s/plugins.) I sequence/mix in Pro Tools for ease, but this can very well be done right inside the BM2 app or even other compatible iOS DAW’s (like Multitrack DAW, which is my fav for referencing vocals and rough draft ideas) I almost don’t need a computer or laptop! This app has never let me down! Well once, a file wouldn’t open and it still won’t til this day but this was in 2011, it hasn’t happened since. Best $20 I ever invested and I think it’s only like $10 now. Can’t beat it.
Killing Those Lame MPC's LOL
Back in business. The MPC is like what a tape player is to an iPod now lol. Beatmaker 2 is the 💩. 65GB's of sounds on my iPhone now on my 128GB. Hands down the best DAW. Just needs a way to hook up to a external hard drive or make a desktop version. Those that are complaining about factory sounds are idiots. Import your own sounds with FileZilla and the world awaits on your creativity. I'm laughing at those idiots that can't use simple software or watch tutorials to learn. You get what you put in and that goes for life.
Totally dissatisfied with the wait of the BeatMaker 3 release date for the iPhone version. I now have a 256gb IPhone 8 Plus and feel so behind because I won’t buy a iPad just for one particular app. INTUA should not give dates to customers and not stand by it. I’m not going to lower the 5 star rating on bm2 because of this but not everyone wants to use a iPad to make music with as portability and the developers should’ve put more time into the iPhone version being that the iPad version has been out for so long. Truly disappointed.
BM2 is this best DAW in the App Store for Hip-Hop/Rap & Trap production.
Interested to see what BM3 will be.
Been a rapper for years but started causal production about a year ago to become more self sufficient and stop trying to find people who have studios or make beats(which if you've been in my position you know how much a headache that is🤕)invested over $1500 in a laptop,FL Studio 12,Studio One and an entire home studio set up. Felt overwhelmed and this hindered my creativity. Life happened and I had to sell my keyboard and laptop but in that time came up on a iPad Pro and purchased every major DAW in the App Store(Auria,Cubasis,FLM3,GB & BM2) for a fraction of the price of any major computer DAW(btw) and find myself making more music at higher quality in BM2 & GB(GarageBand being more limiting) on the iPad than I was on my laptop with over $1000 worth of programs.
- 780.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © INTUA
- In-App Purchases
- South Chiefs $7.99
- Prime Loops - Dirty South Heroes $3.99
- INTUA Future ATL $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.