This app requires Beddit Sleep Monitor (Model 3.5). Beddit helps measure, manage, and improve your sleep. With automatic and accurate tracking, you get a full picture of your night by measuring sleep time, heart rate, breathing, snoring, and bedroom temperature and humidity. Set daily bedtime and sleep time goals, and Beddit motivates you to achieve them with tip notifications like morning results, bedtime reminders, and weekly reports.
• Automatic and accurate tracking
• An extremely thin, flat, and soft sensor — at 2 mm thin, you won’t even notice it’s there
• With a USB power adapter, the sensor is always on
Comprehensive tracking and trends
• Track your sleep time, heart rate, and breathing rate
• Find out if you are snoring*
• Review last night’s bedroom temperature and humidity so you can optimize your sleep environment
• View graphs of 7-day, 30-day, and 90-day trends and averages to understand your sleep and environment over time
Motivational coaching and education
• Set daily bedtime and sleep time goals to get guidance toward achieving them
• Improve your sleep habits with bedtime reminders and nudges in the evening
• Stay on top of how you sleep with daily and weekly sleep report notifications
• Watch videos on how to improve your sleep
Integration with Apple Watch and the Health app in iOS
• Receive sleep report notifications, bedtime reminders, and nudges on your Apple Watch
• Sleep analysis and heart rate data are also stored in the Health app on your iPhone so you can view all your progress in one convenient place
A Beddit Sleep Monitor (Model 3.5) is required to monitor your sleep.
* Snoring detection requires you to grant microphone access to Beddit Sleep Monitor (Model 3.5) on your iPhone. Beddit marks fluctuations in noise level but does not store audio (e.g., speech).
Learn more about Beddit at www.beddit.com
Ratings and Reviews
Works, but missing features
I didn’t have the previous, non-Apple-owned version. So I can’t speak to the removed features.
The connectivity has been fine, and it certainly can tell the difference between me lying in bed, and actual sleep.
My only problem is that the main reason for my purchase was to get good data on the duration, frequency, and intensity of my snoring. Sadly, it gets the first two (duration and frequency), but there’s absolutely no indication of the intensity. For us married folks, this is critical information. 🤓
Hope to see this in a future version as it really shouldn’t be that hard to implement. I wouldn’t be surprised if the data is already under the hood...
Very poorly designed app that often does not work at all!
Horrible app, returning to Apple store. The interface does NOT show if it is connected to the sensor. It shows that it's paired, but that doesn't mean it's working. So, you can have it miss an entire night without any indication that it has a problem. it also misses complete blocks of time. Twice in last two weeks it's completely missed the first hour I was in bed. Didn't show in bed but not asleep, it just didn't show anything at all. So, in less than two weeks, I've missed one complete night and gotten a very incomplete report on two other nights.
It also has a binary notion of 'sleep', either you are asleep or not. It doesn't use movement to determine how well you are sleeping - at least there is no user interface showing this like any other sleep app. It especially doesn't use my Series 4 Apple watch which is very disturbing.
If you play music on a bluetooth speaker during the night while getting up for a bit, it disconnects from the sensor, so no more recording and of course no indication that it's not recording.
I develop software for a living. To me this was developed by people who don't understand the basics of a user interface.
Back to the Apple store for this poor excuse for a product. I bought AutoSleep instead which does a much better job of logging sleep and works without any issues.
No visible phone data
But data was sent Apple Health where it is available as Very Large sets of numbers. The Beddit 3 reduced that data to easy to read graphs. So this is a major step down for the user. Also they deleted the notes section where I could record the details of my sleep pathology. So very disappointing.
Apple please restore Notes and Graphs!!!
However the old sensor strap was very flimsy and didn’t last for long. The new one seems far more robust and adhered to the mattress cover much better.
- Apple Inc.
- 123.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.