Keep track of your visits.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Keep track of countries and US states that you have visited, and if you wish, also when you visited. The app visualizes the visited countries both as a list, along with a ratio for each continent, and as a world map. The map can be shared on social networks, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, using the standard iOS sharing functionality. You can compare your map with friends that also have the app, by sharing your map with them.
- If you miss the old look of the app, you can enable Classic Mode to get the old experience back. We hope you will like the new experience though, as we will continue to improve it.
There is a Premium Mode in the app that you can unlock, if you wish, by a single ONE-TIME In-App Purchase. It unlocks all features in the app.
Features unlocked with Premium Mode:
- In addition to states and regions in the US, with Premium, you can select regions in 25+ countries.
- Select cities and airports.
- More 3D globe filters.
- More visualizers, such as a chronologic map.
- Add local profiles, to allow for multiple maps and country selections.
- More detailed comparisons with more information.
- Share your timeline as a video.
Feel free to give us feedback on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Our username on Instagram and Twitter is @been_app. On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beenapp
- Backups: You can now save (and load) backup files of your data, from the Profile tab.
- Achievements: Fixed the visits-by-train achievement trigger. Sorry, there was a bug!
- Accessibility: Fixed autoresizing of city and airport selection rows to support larger text sizes.
- [Premium]: You can now export your list of visited countries as text, from the Profile tab.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't get me wrong, this app is great. I've been using it for quite a while now and it's a great way to keep track of your travels. It's also the best app out of the many options out there for checking countries/states off your list. Although, I think the app could be even better by adding the ability to check off territories, islands, Canadian provinces, Australian states, Hawaiian islands, etc. It’s too bad the developers haven’t been very active in updating things. Hopefully they make these improvements so we can start having even more fun with the app!
v3 is awesome!
It’s been a while since I travelled, so I was excited to open this up again to add India to the list—I was surprised and delighted to find a brand new v3 overhaul!
The new features are great—I’m a little obsessive about cataloging things, so the ability to now track cities/regions/airports and travel dates is music to my ears! And my favorite feature of all is the new timeline view, where you can animate your travels over the years 😍.
Very excited to see this app getting some love—there’s a lot of potential here for some more awesome features. I think the things I’d like to see most are:
- timeline view of regions/cities—maybe could recreate the airplane animatics of Indiana Jones??!
- better visibility of US state map. It’s a bit hidden deep in the interface.
- animated timeline view of US states, or ability to view them on the main timeline view
- some UX improvements—mainly noticing it would be useful to edit visits wherever you see them (like press and hold or something). I had to keep hopping around to different views to edit things which got a bit laborsome.
Overall though, this update was an early Christmas present and I’m excited to support future development!
Used to be great…
I’ve used Been for years and have always loved it. Whenever I went to a new place I checked it off in my app as quick as I could. Being able to share maps and compare with my friends was one of my favorite things to do.
This new update completely borked the functionality I loved. Viewing US States (the country I live in) now requires counting US territories (even down to districts on the same land dependent country). I went from something like 90% completion of US states to 54% because the number of regions went from 50 to 74.
Furthermore, even viewing the US requires going through numerous sub-menus which are fairly hidden and not super logical. And when you’ve viewed a page that’s five menus deep, you can’t click the category icon on the bottom of the page to go back to the first page in that category-you have to click the “back” button at the top of the page. I now have to look all over the screen and move my hands to nearly every area there is just to navigate an app that used to be to easy to use.
While the visuals are greatly improved, this severe decline in functionality is forcing me to find an alternative.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apparata AB
- 69.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Apparata AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.