BeerSmith 2, the top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone and iPad! The Lite version lets you view, time, and carry your recipes on the go (no editing). BeerSmith Lite lets you search from thousands of beer recipes on our BeerSmithRecipes database, and download and view them on your phone or tablet. The app is also tightly integrated with our desktop software and cloud recipe service, making it a snap to view your recipes on the go. An integrated brew day timer with notifications shows you step by step instructions for your recipes and plays an alarm as each completes. A beer style guide, ingredient reference, set of 7 brewing calculators and unit converters rounds out this great app!
The ultimate companion app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk in the garage, and run the brew-day timer from your mobile device!
NOTE: The Lite version does not allow you to create or alter recipes - you need a desktop copy of BeerSmith or our full app to create/edit.
- Search, view and select from thousands of shared BeerSmith Recipes
- Brew-day timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Ingredient reference including hundreds of brewing grains, hops, yeasts, water, misc
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
- The bulk of these changes are only available to those who use the in-app upgrade to allow in recipe editing as most of the new features are editing features
- Brought brewing engine up to 2.3 desktop standards including whirlpool hops and late extract additions (after in-app upgrade)
- You can now install new ingredients and equipment add-ons easily (after in-app upgrade)
- A new session dialog is available from the recipe editor to record session data (after in-app upgrade)
- Mash pH adjustments and estimates can also be made from the session dialog (after in-app upgrade)
- A yeast starter calculator has been added to the recipe editor (after in-app upgrade)
- A number of smaller bug fixes and improvements were made
- Corrected bug in previous version that limited cloud access for some users
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful but getting dated
I use this in conjunction with the desktop BeerSmith application. It is really useful on brew day, especially the timer. That said, it is really looking dated. Hasn’t been updated for the screen size of current generation devices, etc.
This app has some great potential as soon as the big are worked out of it. I just upgraded my lite to the full version. I would have liked to see the icon change to the full version after doing so.
It would have probably benefited the app to run a beta for more user input and fix programming issues. Other than that I am extremely excited to write recipes on the fly, which will be so much better with easy accessibility.
Better than I expected
I've used Beersmith for over a year and I'm still amazed how powerful it is and how much better my beer has improved because of it. I have been waiting for the mobile versions to come out so I can make more effective use of the Cloud. What is very cool about the app are the Tools. Even though you can't (yet) edit recipes, you can make mash & infusion calculations on the fly. That alone is worth the price of the app. Thanks Brad! Looking forward to the full version!
- BeerSmith LLC
- 13.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © BeerSmith LLC
- In-App Purchases
- BeerSmith Mobile Upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.