The 3.1 version of BeerSmith moves to an SQL based database for improved reliability, an improved menu system, as well as new brewing features.
Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 3, the world's top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
- BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide included, plus mead, wine, cider guide
- Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
- Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
- Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
- Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
- Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
Version 3 of BeerSmith adds:
- Support for mead, wine and cider recipes (as well as beer)
- Local and cloud based recipe folders for managing your recipes
- Water profile and mash pH tools integrated with the recipe for beer brewing
- Updated ingredients, profiles and style databases including hundreds of new ingredients
Build 3.0.10 Adds:
- Added new provisional BJCP beers styles to style guide
- Corrected issues with adding juices to some recipes
- Corrected wrong units on some fields in session page
- Corrected issues with some recipes being downloaded from cloud correctly
- Corrected issue with brewday timer not displaying correctly on some recipes
- Corrected issue with not being able to edit yeast tolerance for yeast items
- Corrected problem with brewday timer where ingredients could be shown out of order
- Corrected issue with using comma as decimal point when entering numeric fields in Europe/other countries
- Moved to SQL based database (3.1.8 and higher)
- Popup menus and revised menu system (3.1.8 and higher) for improved navigation.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for a mobile app
I downloaded this to my iPad about 6 months ago, and it’s all I use. I can create recipes without any problem and most of the app is great. Cons: I still don’t like the timer function, and I can’t click and drag ingredients around within the recipe. But does it set me up to make great beer? Yep! Cheers
Don’t listen to the naysayers. This is a great standalone app. I used iBrewMaster for years and Apple took it off the App Store with no warning. After I updated my phone I could no longer use it. I looked for a new app and I know a lot of people use the full software version of Beersmith and love it. I was hesitant to download this app due to the 2.9 star rating. That is bunk. It does everything you need from designing and saving recipes to the cloud, water adjustment calculations, mash efficiency, etc…I would highly recommend this app as your go to recipe and brew day app!
Don’t waste your time
I’m an avid user of the full version of the software and I love it. That said the mobile edition is a headache from the word go. Nothing connects, so you have to go re-enter all your equipment info, water profiles, re-download add ons like grain and hops, and will only hold a few cloud recipes.
In short, this is a really lackluster app to be selling in 2020, even if free it would have major downsides. I’m using BeerSmith on desktop to prep and other apps for timing and tracking of fermentation.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BeerSmith LLC
- 29.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © BeerSmith LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.