Designed for iPad
BeerXchange helps you find, collect, and trade craft beer. Keep your beer collection data in the cloud for easy reference on the go. Powered by Untappd data. Features include:
* Manage your bottle collection from the app w/ data available offline
* Manage your Seeking and Offering lists for trades
* Full trading workflow w/ messaging, shipment tracking, and ratings
* Notifications of important events
Visit forum.beerxchange.com for news and customer service requests. Email email@example.com for feature requests, feedback, or general service questions.
,The BeerXchange Team
Fixes images not displaying
Ratings and Reviews
Great for cellar inventory purposes
I specifically needed something to inventory my cellar and this does just that. There are 2 issues I've run into that are probably more due to the Untappd API:
1) The 100 API call limit for an hour which means you have to wait an hour before searching for more beers.
2) For some odd reason I had a handful of beers that didn't show up in the BeerXchange app but do show up in Untappd. I tried all variations of searching, including looking at the complete inventory of the brewery to no avail.
One issue I had to navigate in the app was the feature to add more than one bottle of the same beer. You have to click on the beer and then tap on the plus sign to increase the quantity. At first I tried to hit the edit option but that is more for editing notes but even though the plus/minus options are viable, they won't adjust the quantity while in edit mode.
I would love if this app added bar code scanning which would help speed things up as well as properly identify the year of an annual release. It would also be nice to be able to import a .csv file.
All in all, it does what I need it to do and far better than any other app I have tried. I would love to see an update to polish up a bit more and would even consider paying for the app if the recommended changes were implemented.
Good idea, poorly implemented
The app looks good, but there are a few issues that detract from the overall functionality of the app.
Some of the biggest issues are:
- it is too easy to delete a beer from your collection. I can see someone accidentally pushing that button and losing all their information
- I added 10 beers, but then the main menu was gone. I had to push the back button 10 times to get the main menu back
- when pushing the plus/minus button on the counter, it will pop up with copy paste menu.
- you can’t store local images. You are tied to Untappd images.. if you don’t have internet connection, you will not see any images
Fantastic for personal collection (so far)
I have a large collection and it was easy to add everything in a night. But I didn't QUITE get to add everything because I got rate-limited 😞 looks like for an hour. I think I added a hundred or so distinct beers.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BeerXchange LLC
- 13.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2022 BeerXchange, LLC