Put the iPhone on your stomach. Breathe deeply. Enjoy...
FOR ADVANCED BELLY-BREATHERS ONLY
BellyBio (Belly Biofeedback) is a triple innovation in deep abdominal breathing, biofeedback and music:
1 – DEEP BREATHING GETS ADDICTIVE
BellyBio generates beautiful music & light perfectly synchronized to your deep abdominal breathing movements, making deep breathing more pleasant and rewarding than ever. You're going to love playing with your inner balloon.
2 – BIOFEEDBACK GETS SIMPLE
BellyBio turns your iPhone/iPod Touch into a highly-sensitive deep breathing sensor providing a real-time, objective stress-level index based on your breathing pattern. Biofeedback thus becomes more simple and powerful --not to mention affordable-- than ever, so you can now know for sure who's the coolest dude in the neighborhood.
3 – MUSIC GETS BREATHABLE
The first "Abdominal Music Player", BellyBio makes music play in sync with your breathing, which in return makes your breathing calm down. Is it you who follow the music or the music that follows you? You don't listen to music anymore, you merge with it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE -- Practicing BellyBio will require you to:
a) BE ABLE TO NATURALLY BREATHE DEEPLY AND SLOWLY FROM YOUR BELLY, meaning your belly --and not your chest-- must significantly and effortlessly inflate when you inhale and deflate when you exhale. If you can't, you'd probably better not download this app since nothing is more annoying and ineffective than struggling to achieve deep abdominal breathing (and by the way this will perhaps avoid somewhat angry customer ratings... ;-))
b) PROPERLY POSITION THE iPHONE ON YOUR PELVIS, FACE UP, SO AS TO MAKE IT TILT BACK & FORTH when you breathe deeply in & out from your belly (BellyBio measures the increase/decrease of the angle between the iPhone and your body). The bottom of the iPhone should rest still on your pelvis while the top moves up and down with your lower belly as you breathe in & out.
WATCH THE IN-APP DEMO to see how it works (www.youtube.com/bellybio).
The app is quite heavy (170 Mo) due to the multiformat music base. Wifi is required to download it.
- Several interactive musical themes you can breathe deeply in and out (i.e. have BellyBio play in sync with your deep abdominal breathing)
- One of those themes (“Calmitude pitch”) provides you with a direct audio stress-level feedback through the pitch of the inhaling tone (the lower the stress, the lower the pitch)
- Choice of breathing colors displayed in sync with each in- and out-breath
- Graph showing real-time breathing and stress curves
- Log (date, duration of use, minimum stress, minimum breathrate, Qi production)
- 3D-earth animation showing all BellyBio users on the planet
- Whether you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, the main home button must always be close to your lap, not to your chest.
- Child-proof (successfully tested on 5-year-old with adult assistance)
QUOTES (sort of)
- "All thumbs and navels up!!!" (Buddha, India)
- "BellyBio rests on the belly just like the leaf floats on the sea." (Lao Tzu, China)
- "Bellissimo BellyBio!" (L. Da Vinci, Italy)
- "To breathe or not to breathe? To breathe, period. With BellyBio!" (W. Shakespeare, UK)
- "I play BellyBio, therefore I stop thinking, therefore I am." (R. Descartes, France)
- "So cool!" (I. Newton, UK)
- "Makes me wanna compose a dozen sonatas and concertos for BellyBio! Please give me 10 minutes." (W. A. Mozart, Austria)
- "Even with only one ear, this thing just blew my mind!" (V. Van Gogh, Netherlands)
- "Undoubtedly absolute." (A. Einstein, Germany)
- "Why didn't they call it iBelly?" (S. Jobs, USA)
This application is not meant to substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. Should you feel any pain or discomfort, please stop immediately and consult your physician or health professional.
Fix purchase restoration
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite app
This app is great--by far the best (free!) biofeedback/breathing app in the App Store. I've tried a number of them and always come back to this one--it's simple and very effective.
It can take a few tries to figure out the placement of the phone on your stomach and how the program works, but after that it's smooth sailing. Really nice that you don't have to hold the phone in your hand like in other biofeedback apps--it's hard to relax when you're thinking about keeping hold of something.
I really love how the waves, and then music, sync up with your breathing--so very helpful when learning how to deep breathe/meditate and I haven't seen another app that does that. It tends to keep me just aware enough that I don't fall asleep, but stay perfectly relaxed with balanced breathing.
The app has got some flaws and bugs/doesn't always work 100%, but for a free app I have no complaints. If they prettied it up, added more song tracks and fixed the bugs (or stabilized the app in general), I'd be more than happy to pay a couple bucks for this one. It would be nice to be able to look back on past log entries, but oh well--mindfulness/meditation is all about living in the present and letting go of the past anyway, right?
This is a great app. I've seen several reviews written by users who spend their entire review complaining about what the app does NOT do for them, and it's clear to me that they are unlikely be happy with anything; in fact, they are the problem and not their life or psyche.
The app works exactly as its description says it should: nor more and no less. If you're looking for instantaneous nirvana then you will (as usual) be unhappy and left complaining about how unfair life is to you. But what's new there?
If you are genuinely looking for a different perspective on an ancient idea, then this app can provide it.
The most important thing is that you practice and leave your mind open to change otherwise you'll always be spinning your wheels clouded in misery.
My favorite relaxation app ever finally works with iOS 8! I was so sad when the iOS update broke BellyBio, but now that the developer has updated it, I'm in heaven.
- 208.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Relaxline
- In-App Purchases
- Angels Club $0.99
- Brownian Dream $0.99
- Metronomia $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.