Belgrade through nature and time - BeoGuide
Learn more about some of thousands of Belgrade plants and animals and habitats they live in, or meet the records of geological changes in evolution of Earth. Find numerous rock fossil sites from the Pannonian Sea or older rocks from the Mesozoic era, when dinosaurs were walking on other parts of the Earth.
The guide includes information with map and photograph for each object and individual, so you may recognize them easily.
You can find:
- the most important destinations for exploring bio and geodiversity,
- representative, rare and interesting objects, specimens and occurrences of geological, geomorphological, geo-archaeological and hydrological sites, as well as examples of the use of stone in construction and art in our city,
- urban and suburban parks and park forests, some of which are protected precisely for their biodiversity, or contain trees that are monuments of nature,
- famously protected trees, found in public and private gardens, gardens and parks,
- representative and protected plants and fungi,
- different species and rare specimens of protected animals living in the area,
- maps with "recommended trails", for students, visitors and guests of Belgrade for easier and more complete acquaintance with the unavoidable values of biological and geological diversity of one of the most attractive city landscapes of the European continent.
The application was developed within the project of the Association "School for survival", "Belgrade through nature and time - education for survival", co-financed by the Secretariat for Environmental Protection of the City Administration of Belgrade based on:
VASIC, Voislav, Belgrade through nature and time: a guide to the bio-geo-diversity of Belgrade / [authors Voislav Vasić, Marina Ilić; photographs by Branislav Strugar ... et al.]. - 2nd ed. -Belgrade: Citizens Association "School for Survival", 2011 (Belgrade: Standard 2). - 80p .: photos, folders; 24cm
VASIC, Voislav, Belgrade through nature and time: a guide through bio-geo-diversity of Belgrade / [authors Voislav Vasić, Marina Ilić; translation Željko Stanimirovic; photographs Branislav Strugar ... et al.]. - Belgrade: Association "School for Survival", 2012 (Belgrade: Standard 2). - 111 pages. : photos, folders; 24cm
Application Design and preparation: Marija Blanuša Mišković and Jelena Nikolić Antonijević
Application development: Rajko Vuković and Ivan Antonijević
New Image preview
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.