This update includes bug fixes and small improvements, including:
- I redid the way that photos and videos load from your library, which should improve reliability and performance, as well as lay the foundation for future updates with more features.
- When you swipe to mark a photo to be deleted, if the auto-advance setting is on, it will automatically advance to the next photo when you let go. This used to only happen if you tapped the button.
- When looking at photos, you can now see if the original is a JPG or HEIC from a badge in the top left corner, similar to how RAW and RAW+JPG was already handled.
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent easy to use organizational tool
The main attraction for me is that Best can be used on an iPad in horizontal orientation. Another is to display recents. I hate it when Apple Photos opens and several thousand shots are displayed when all I want to see are those taken in the past week or month.
Edited a week later: the more I use this app, the more I like it. Also, Eric the dev responded quickly with helpful comments when I emailed a couple of questions.
It’s really good
Here’s two important refinements that would really make it useful:
1. iCloud photos are slow. This makes tabbing through photos really slow, and I lose patience. I know that this isn’t your fault. Could you allow the user to select a range of photos to compare, show a progress bar to get them all, then I could come back and quickly find the ones that I want.
2. iCloud movies are really slow. Add a setting option to just ignore them! I found that sometimes I was waiting a long time, and then I realized that I was waiting to download a movie. There’s no easy way to see that until it’s fully downloaded. Just hide them.
Super Confused with Split-screen
Whenever I use split screen, I always get lost and give up. For some reason, it scrolls up instead of down, and the pic on the left never has a thumbnail that shows. It’s impossible to tell WHICH photos I’m comparing, and wherever I start from, it ends up comparing the wrong photos because when I hit the trash can or the heart, it loads the next photo in the wrong direction. The photo prior to the current one disappears from the fil strip altogether! Seriously, it’s driving me nuts.
The rest of the app is good though.
- Windy Software, LLC
- 26.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Windy Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Best Features $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.