Clean up your photo library by removing duplicates and extra photos. Choose your best photos once, and delete the rest.
We take and manage more photos than ever before with our iPhones and iPads, which requires a new type of app to sift through the avalanche of images. BestPhotos helps you quickly choose your best photos, and delete the outtakes. Otherwise, when you want to share a photo, you're always left debating between multiple versions of the same shot.
Always with you
On your iPhone or iPad, Best Photos gives you the power to sort through thousands of photos before you even get home. It's a great way to use the pockets of time that surround an event or vacation. Going through photos will be fun, and in the moment, instead of a chore for later.
Some of the key features included for FREE:
- Delete and hide many photos at once
- Quickly jump to recent photos, specific years, or albums
- Add to Album: add your photos or videos to new or existing albums, and organize albums into folders
- Simple photo cropping and straightening for quick fixes
- Find Duplicate Photos: automatically find and manually delete duplicate photos
- Share one or a group of items you find using the iOS share sheet
- Siri Shortcuts: Show today in BestPhotos, show this week in BestPhotos, and show this month in BestPhotos
“The Best Features” premium upgrade:
- Compare Mode: view photos side by side with fancy, synchronized zooming
- Automatically Remove Duplicate Photos: comb your library for duplicate photos and automatically delete them with one tap
- “Similar” Photos: Focus on clumps of similar photos taken together
- Find photos that aren't in albums
- Accidental Videos: find those videos where you probably meant to take a photo
- View Photo Info: inspect EXIF and other metadata properties on photos and videos
- All Problem Areas: Quickly focus on areas of your library that need special attention, like photos missing location, or the HDR and Portrait Mode photos that also store the normal version
- Additional Siri Shortcuts: Launch any premium problem area search
- App dark mode and custom app icons
Note: BestPhotos does not support photos synced to your iOS devices using iTunes
- You can now move between photos and keep the metadata view open
- Fixed a variety of app crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, I’m with BestPhotos
I used it for a few days and then felt like it was pretty basic. I deleted it and realized how the photo management on the stock Photos is difficult for me. I now return and I like it. I feel productive but I wish there was a tag to show the type of media on the top corner and custom labelling to go with the folders.
Overall, I come to love BestPhotos again but only a tiny issue I’ve come across is the folder section is still light theme when dark mode is turned on.
It’s really good
Here’s two important refinements that would really make it useful:
1. iCloud photos are slow. This makes tabbing through photos really slow, and I lose patience. I know that this isn’t your fault. Could you allow the user to select a range of photos to compare, show a progress bar to get them all, then I could come back and quickly find the ones that I want.
2. iCloud movies are really slow. Add a setting option to just ignore them! I found that sometimes I was waiting a long time, and then I realized that I was waiting to download a movie. There’s no easy way to see that until it’s fully downloaded. Just hide them.
An excellent easy to use organizational tool
The main attraction for me is that Best can be used on an iPad in horizontal orientation. Another is to display recents. I hate it when Apple Photos opens and several thousand shots are displayed when all I want to see are those taken in the past week or month.
Edited a week later: the more I use this app, the more I like it. Also, Eric the dev responded quickly with helpful comments when I emailed a couple of questions.
- Windy Software, LLC
- 27.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Windy Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Best Features $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.