Your Apple Watch includes two standard complications: Day and Calendar. Tapping either one brings you to the same place: a list of events. Better Day is an alternative destination on your watch face: a three-year calendar that you can navigate with the Digital Crown.
Better Day is a highly customizable calendar and complication for the Apple Watch. It supports 20 languages and 15 calendar systems, including the religious and national calendars listed below.
Better Day includes an awesome date complication. By default, it displays the weekday, month and day. You can configure the complication to display whichever part of the date you like, or a small graphic of the current month. For multicolor watch faces, you can also change the accent color.
When you tap the complication, you’ll see a detailed calendar for the current month. Scroll through the 12 months of the year using the Digital Crown. Move from year to year by swiping left and right.
• Indian National
• ISO 8601
Better Day 5.22 corrects an error in the two-line weekday style in Infograph.
Better Day 5.10 is here, with brand new styles for the Infograph watch face! A new dial-style complication brings an analog take to the Infograph subdial. Available in both a Light and a Dark style. 5.10 also adds a couple of new options for the Infograph Corner slots. Also in this version:
* Support for the Chinese lunar calendar.
* Improved localizations for new watch faces and accent colors.
* Preliminary support for the Czech and Hebrew languages (enable these in Better Day's Settings -> Language menu).
Better Day 5.0, released in September, brought support for the new Apple Watch Series 4, including some phenomenal new ways to visualize the calendar on the Infograph watch face:
* The Month Gauge, at a glance, shows the current month and your position in it as a dot on an arc.
* Optionally, a more detailed month gauge shows the number of days in the current month as well.
* The Year Gauge shows the arc of the year, and marks today as a dot on that arc. It also tells you the name of month.
* The simple year gauge is my favorite: it removes the month altogether for a more minimalist look. Gaze into the inky blackness at the center, as dot smoothly traces the inexorable passage of time.
* This gauge is also available in the centerpiece slot, alongside more practical information like what day it is. In case you have to, y'know, write a check.
Of course, this update isn't all about the Series 4. Everybody gets something:
* More accent colors! Better Day supports all the accent colors available on watchOS 5.
* Many more options for the Simple, Photo, Chronograph and Utility faces.
* A complete rewrite of all the graphical calendar complications. They're pixel-perfect and absolutely stunning.
* Plus many bug fixes and quality of life improvements, including better support for Dynamic Type in the iPhone companion app.
Better Day 5 is a free update for all users of Better Day. If you love this app, please take the time to rate it or write a review! And as always if you're having issues, feel free to reach out directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic, but not many choices
The apps works perfectly and looks great, but the lack of options for each face is infuriating. They only offer a few seemingly random date format combinations for each face, and not a single one is what I was looking for. Hoping the devs allow customized compilations or more choices in the future since I really like how everything looks. Still 4/5 stars even though I'm not even using the app lol - hope the dev releases more options soon!
(As an example: for the infographic modular face, I just want the large central compilation to be date and day of week. Instead, I HAVE to include either "day 310 of 2019" or "week 43 of 2019" as a third line. Why?! Great app otherwise)
First time Apple Watch user
Got the brand new Apple Watch 4 and learned about this app through reddit. It is very easy to navigate and lovely to use! The only thing I think could make this better is to have an option for the sundial top complication to put digital time around the circular part of watch face and the main part to include date and year! Another personal preference, I liked how the app followed the colors available by Apple but none of the pinks actually look like pink (they look like peach or red) on the watch face. If there was a pink pink color option it would have made it perfect for me. I was still very happy and satisfied with the app and will recommend to friends :)
For cash I would expect the ability to request help from the dev. Instead my request is handled through the App Store review system? Anyway, I can’t get better day to show up in my list of available watch apps, so I guess it’s useless for me. There appears to be no support for users in the app. The whole process is frustrating and disappointing.
Update: I found the support section of your site linked through the app in the App Store.. why on earth wouldn’t you include a link to that *in* the app? The above problem was resolved, of course, using your knowledge from the support page.
I would still like to see the ability to make Monday the first day of the week, but this is less a concern than feeling like an idiot when I opened the app.
- Panchromatic, LLC
- 36.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Panchromatic LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.