Track where your money is going with this simple but powerful personal finance app. The Better-than-Budgeting-App is for everybody who doesn’t need thousands of features but are looking for a simple, beautiful app to track personal spending.
This app has a strong focus on simplicity. It can be so easy to record a transaction: tap the desired category from the apps home screen --> the QuickAdd-dialog opens – from here, you can enter the desired amount with a large, easy to read number pad --> hit OK and you’re done. The amount you entered is automatically assigned to the current day. 95% of the time that’s all you need. And if you really need to enter more details (different date, payment method, comments, etc.) you can use a detailed dialog.
The app does not have every function you can imagine, but rather utilizes a solid set of features. It aims to be an app you actually use - not just install. It’s ad-free and no Internet connection is required.
- Use it as your primary spending tracker
- Use it to record your spending on the road in combination with another tool at home
- The app can also be used temporarily to keep track of a shopping tour, vacation or business trip
- A compatible desktop app is also available (see below)
- From the Category List, you can reach all the central functions with a single tap
- Categories can be grouped by expenses, income and investments
- Assign each category a suitable icon
- Enter transactions with the QuickAdd dialog without having to use the native keyboard
- Several charts and reports are available
- Configure two standard payment options to be used within the QuickAdd dialog
- No Internet connection is required
- Export your data to CSV
- Mail yourself the exported data directly from the app
- Backup and recovery features
- Detailed documentation is also integrated
A free compatible desktop app for Windows or Mac is also available.
Bug fix: custom month not correctly calculated at the turn of the year.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
I’ve tried quite a few budgeting apps but always go back to paper because they don’t quite fit my needs or are too complicated. I love this one.
It was easy to set up, very easy to understand, and extremely easy to edit or see my monthly or total spending in categories that are important to me.
I use it mainly for tax purposes to record donations, medical expenses, taxes , etc, but it’s so easy to use, I may actually start tracking my everyday expenses just to get an oversight into my spending.
Great app. Well thought out for those of us who aren’t math or computer geniuses.
I really like.
Works as expected and simple to use. Great for determining how much you spend in categories. I use to gauge the impact of my spending.
I love this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.