BetterLists is an easy to use and flexible app for quick access to all your information. Now you can have your To Do list, expenses, and grocery list all in one place.
BetterLists comes with:
Restaurants To Try
You can use them as is, or modify them exactly how you want. Add your own.
- Create as many lists as you like.
- Your lists can contain fields holding text, dates, times, and numbers.
- Fields can be formatted many different ways. Notes, phone numbers, currency, and more.
- Your lists can be modified anytime. Add or delete a field, change it's type or name.
- Check and uncheck items so you can reuse a list over and over.
- Delete items just by swiping your finger across them.
- Email your lists to yourself.
- Use Phone, Email, and Web address fields to dial, email, or go to a web address.
- Sort your list by any field, and view up to 3 fields in List View.
- Add Choice Lists so you can set fields from a preset list of choices, instead of typing each time.
- Import CSV files to add lists.
- Simple to use, yet powerful enough to handle all your lists.
NOTES AND TIPS
- To show multiple fields in List View. Go to Preferences (the gear icon) while in a list. Change the number of fields in list view to 1, 2, or 3. It will display up to the first 3 fields from each list.
- To check off an item, touch to the left of the item in the list.
- To delete an item from a list swipe the item and hit the delete button that appears, or touch the Edit button and then touch the red minus sign to the left of the item you want to delete.
- To reorder items, touch the Edit button and then drag the items to the order you want.
- To add a choice list to a field, add the choice list and choices by touching the choice lists icon in the toolbar, then edit the list and the field you want to associate with the list. Choose "Choice List" for the field type, and then the choice list you want to use for the field format.
- To Backup and Restore your data go to the Tools icon and select Backup/Restore to get to the different options.
- To Import CSV files go to the Tools icon while on main screen. If you have questions regarding CSV files please email me and I am happy to help.
***** Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. I can't respond to reviews, and I am very responsive to questions and feedback.
Fixed bug with handling of localized dates.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent customizability; all requests met
Update: I cannot increase my rating, since I have already given it five stars. The developer has responded to all my requests and implicit wishes: there is now a clear check box in front of an item (so a person knows where to touch to "check-off" an item). (You may have to turn on the setting in prefs.)
Most importantly, the developer has made the ordering of both the top list, and all items on a list, to be customizable. So you can determine which items on a long list are more important. (Simply click the "Edit" button, and move the "stripe" icon on the right-hand side.)
If you are looking for a good general, yet customizable, List app, I strongly urge you to take a careful look at BetterLists.
[old info deleted]
The key ability of this app is the ability to customize the fields of any given list. Say, e.g., on a grocery list, you can have a field for size of the item and quantity. A contact list can have a field for phone number, etc.
One field you can add a field for longer notes.
[old info deleted]
Now my standard list app.
VERY GOOD - NEEDS MINOR TUNE-UP
The good stuff is ... it does a lot and it does it very easily, the editing functions are simple to use and allow a lot of flexibility, somewhat more user oriented than some others I have used. There are other lists for a good price if you need a lot of bells and whistles to go with your lists, which I don't. I have 4 complaints, (1) there is one too many steps to enter an item in a list, that is ... after you enter the name of an item on a list, you must press the SAVE option twice (once should be enough), (2) there is no landscape mode, (3) The keyboard doesn't default to "first capitals letter on" as it is standard in most all iPhone applications, so if you want to capitalize the first letter, you need one more key press and (4) there is no security if you want to make a list of your passwords or credit cards info., etc. - I would give it five stars if these things were available or corrected.
BetterLists getting even BETTER!
I'm really happy to see a backup feature on the new update! I'm curious though, I wonder if I can backup on my iPhone & restore to the iPad, in essence creating two identical lists...? Has anyone tried this?
I've enjoyed this app since I first got it, but the updates have made it even MORE user-friendly!
The newest update- allowing the lists to show more than one field in list view is exactly what I need in two of my lists. I love that this app hasn't rested on it's laurels but continues to improve!
Being able to reorder the lists themselves & now the items within the lists has been worth its weight in the gold. I had no trouble checking off items in the lists, but the box showing precisely where to touch will be helpful to many because, admittedly it did take me a few minutes to figure out where to touch. :)
The developer is very open to suggestions to make future updates even more helpful to users which makes this app constantly improving. I find myself using it more & more frequently & migrating more & more of my lists to BetterLists.
- Charles Haspel
- 1.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2017 Charles Haspel, Haspel Software. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.