Beyond Sundays is an app from McLean Bible Church designed to draw our church family into closer intimacy with God. Beyond Sundays will provide Bible verses to specifically encourage each app user based on his or her spiritual life, desires and needs.
New redesigned interface with updated Home Page quickly gets you to all the main sections within the app: Verses for Me, Tracks & Content, Inbox, Favorites and Calendar.
Easily review new content through notifications and Inbox.
Add your preferred content to Favorites, fill in your Private Notes on scripture readings, Like and Share with your network through email and social channels.
Manage track subscriptions and discover new tracks with our redesigned Tracks & Content section."
• New Home Page design quickly gets you to main sections within the app, and notifies you about all new content.
• Verses for Me section will tailor biblical content specifically for you, and deliver it on your preferred schedule.
• How can we help you grow? section allows you to adjust your messages on-the-fly to reflect your current needs.
• Add your preferred content to Favorites, fill in your Private Notes on scripture readings, Like and Share with your network through email and social channels.
• Manage track subscriptions and discover new tracks with our redesigned Tracks & Content section.
• Our content-matching algorithm (artificial intelligence) is now more powerful than ever. Based on your Assessment, it ensures that you receive relevant content when you need it most.
• This update lays the groundwork for new features we plan to announce later this year. Stay tuned!
Ratings and Reviews
Stats don't work
Overall, it's a useful tool to begin engaging scripture. I started toward the end of a week, so my goals appear skewed for the first week. I've had 19 msgs, which show correctly as read same day, but it also shows I have 1 msg read next day & 12 never read. I can't drill into these but I have no idea from where these
numbers are coming. Makes the pie chart useless...UPDATE: so I found the root cause of my stats problem, user error or flaw is debatable. Apparently, tracks and messages are not tightly integrated. Alerts come only for messages, but not all tracks? I went through all my tracks and now the pie chart is correct. It would be nice if the tracks summary had an indicator of unread msgs below the summary. When I drilled down to the details, I saw immediately which verses were unread.
Bring back the old design
Although the new design may be aesthetically nicer, it is more difficult to navigate. With the old design you just go directly to the verse, and you can track unread verses, something you cannot do with the new design. Moreover you always have to hit ‘view more” to see the whole verse which is annoying. Finally, you cannot control the size of the text and the app does not support dynamic type text. Overall however I still enjoy reading verses on a daily basis. A great way to be reminded to read God’s word.
Decent app with potential
The survey tool is a great starting point to a customized experience. Seems like there could be more to this app to be added in the future rather than just prayer and bible verses, given the headline "Beyond Sundays."
Some feature upgrades would include a "night mode" (black background with white text) and a bible verse version changer. Not everyone wants to study or memorize just one version. A good start nonetheless.
- McLean Bible Church
- 19.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Back to the Bible
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.