Drawing manually using Xcode is tedious, if not hard. BezierCode is a full vector drawing application that will automatically translate your drawing into Objective C code. Its user friendly intuitive interface can help almost anyone to design beautiful UI elements. A must have tool for iOS/OSX developer.
The vector drawing can be exported to PNG/JPG and the code generated can be copied into clipboard or exported as NSView or UIView class.
- Design resolution independent graphics for iOS or OSX
- Real time Objective C code generation
- Change code between iOS or OSX just in a single click
- Easy to follow code with comments
- Start your drawing with basic shapes: rectangle, round rectangle, oval, polygon and star
- Create complex shapes by using vector and pencil tool
- Draw complex shapes using union, intersection and different boolean operations
- Create text and fill with color or gradient
- Use color or gradient shadow for text
- Text rotation
- Quickly create beautiful multi stops linear or radial gradient using WYSIWYG editor
- Use inner or outer shadows to add depth to your drawing
- Modify individual or multiple shapes at once using this powerful and seamless transform tool
- Edit and delete individual or multiple vertex points of shapes
- Use alignment tools to easily align multiple objects
- Snap objects when mouse moves for precision alignment
Groups & Shape Panel
- Shape thumbnails are shown with colours for easy recognition
- Highlight shapes when mouse move in the panel
- Group multiple shapes quickly by dragging over other shapes
- Show/Hide shapes to focus on drawing
- Import SVG created from other applications while maintaining groups and styles.
- Export to NSView/UIView class
- Use Command + C to copy selected shapes code to your clipboard
- Easily define drawing frame to export code or image
- Export to PNG/JPG image with additional @2x retina display.
- Demonstrate path drawing of strokeEnd animation property of CAShapelayer
- Reverse path drawing
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely promising w/ hidden CAShapeLayer Animation Gem!
UPDATE TO MY REVIEW for V 1.10
I was able to delete paths and remove entire shapes but after toggling between the "Transform" and "Vertex" buttons located at the top right corner of the UI.
There is room for improvement for this specific feature of deleting points on a path. The transform and vertex buttons are not intuitive. Perhaps instead of having to click on those buttons, this task could be as simple as double-clicking on a shape or path to activate an "editing" mode. Another idea (and I'm taking this from Adobe Illustrator), when you want to delete a vector point on a path you can use a bezier tool with a minus ( - ) button next to it.
I'm still optimistic about this app and will keep sending as much CONSTRUCTIVE feedback as I can to the developer.
BezierCode has two distinct features which I find indispensable: Auto-align / distribute buttons and the thumbnail previews of my drawings.
I’ve been using the auto-align and distribute buttons for creating custom tables and cells. Auto-align has proven to be a real time saver as opposed to manually entering XY coordinates for each row and column cell! Excellent tech support (also responded promptly).
Wish list: The ability to add text within the app (as opposed to having to import it via SVG, Frames so that I can make my drawings scalable, iCloud support so that I may access project files from other computers, a few generic Xcode project examples and/or BezierCode project files demonstrating different techniques for common UI elements (e.g. buttons, animations etc.).
Looking forward to future updates. Keep up the great work!
Waist of money. This app was very buggy. I could not even delete a path.
This app has been tremendously helpful for turning my vector graphic files (svg) into objective-C code. I could leverage the great work of my graphic designer and minimize the use of images in my apps.
I worked with a complex vector drawing with multiple paths: this app allows me to quickly identify paths based on their shape and based on the names used by my graphic designers. I export my codes as complete header and implementation files - no need for copy and paste.
The developer team is super responsive and proactive in implement advise.
A great tool -
- WAN LUTFI WAN MD HATTA
- 4 MB
- Developer Tools
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Bijokmind
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.