BFI Player Classics showcases a collection of the best iconic British movies, selected by the British Film Institute and offered exclusively for audiences in the United States.
Discover prestige filmmakers including Alfred Hitchcock, John Schlesinger, Ken Russell, Lindsay Anderson, Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, Nicolas Roeg, Margaret Tait, Ridley Scott, Sally Potter and Terence Davies.
Browse our collections and watch landmark films by legendary names, the widely loved and rarely seen. Brighton Rock (John Boulting, 1948) and The Third Man (Carol Reed, 1949), staples of British cinema history, are available alongside British cult classics The Wicker Man (Robin Hardy, 1973), The Man Who Fell to Earth (Nicolas Roeg, 1976) and hard-to-find rarities such as Friendship's Death (Peter Wollen, 1987), Riddles of the Sphinx (Laura Mulvey, 1977) and Burning an Illusion (Menelik Shabazz, 1981).
· Each movie hand-picked by experts
· Download films for offline viewing
· Airplay and Chromecast to your big screen at home
· Explore hundreds of British and co-British movies from our curated collections
· New and exclusive titles added every month
To access all features and content you can subscribe to BFI Player Classics on a monthly basis with an auto-renewing subscription right inside the app.* Pricing can vary by region and will be confirmed before purchase in the app. In app subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of their cycle.
* All payments will be paid through your iTunes Account and may be managed under Account Settings after the initial payment. Subscription payments will automatically renew unless deactivated at least 24-hours before the end of the current cycle. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current cycle. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited upon payment. Cancellations are incurred by disabling auto-renewal.
Terms of Service: https://www.bfiplayerclassics.com/tos
* Bug fixes
* Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Works for me
I started my trial last week I love all of the British classics and cult favorites. I love all the movies here on BFI player classics? Plus eyebrows to the app it has the Alford Hitchcock collection huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock plus I love all of the other movies on here such as the wicker man! And I also love and soon the darkness! I would love to see more movies added to be F5 player classics and more popular ones to keep adding more movies to your library how about hey Futura called BFI player classics live! So I have to say BFI player classics is the bomb I am a huge horror movies fan I would love to see more horror movies added to the library in the future! And I also hope that BSI player classics can make it to Plex which has all live channels and watch for free! And keep updating the app love the iPlayer classics!🥰
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The British Film Institute
- 47.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The British Film Institute
- In-App Purchases
- BFI Player Classics Monthly $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.