UPI a.k.a Unified Payment Interface is the solution to that nightmare-like process of transferring your own funds to someone’s account. The multiple account nos, their IFSC codes, the OTPs, the passwords…that unending list of annoying details that you have to give before you can do anything with your own money; the UPI cuts straight through this clutter!
Now all you need is a smart phone, some data connectivity and your mobile number registered across a bank account. All your account related confidential details needn’t be revealed anymore!
Wait, there’s more to this! The UPI is so flexible, it doesn’t discriminate which bank you belong to and allows you to register on any of the participating bank’s UPI applications. For instance IDFC FIRST bank account holders can register and transact on any other participating bank’s UPI application using a single PIN. Likewise, you can register an account of any other participating bank and transact on IDFC FIRST bank’s UPI mobile application. You see, it’s incredible!
Benefits of UPI
You’re probably already convinced that UPI is the way to go. But let us remind you again, why UPI is so great!
• Privacy: Your personal details such as your Mobile Number/Account Number, it all stays hidden. Send and request funds by revealing no more than your virtual address (think of it as the username you created for your Instagram account. Except that you have multiple private bank accounts linked to it instead of the photos you want to keep away from family on facebook)
• One Click Authentication: UPI PIN is all you need to authorize any transaction. Say bye-bye to the OTPs, the expiry dates, the passwords!
• Available 24*7*365: You can literally transact any time of the day all year round. And guess what, all these transactions are instant!
• Request Money: Need money from your friends for the dinner you paid for last night? Need your customer to pay you for the dress she bought from your store? Whatever it is that you need to ask someone money for, UPI allows you to do so!
*Performance enhancements and security fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t sign up or sign in
I tried to sign up using my IDFC net banking details but it says that the number is already in use and to try and sign in. When I click the sign in option, it takes me to a registration page which again asks me to use a different number or sign in.
Kindly fix this quickly
Works smoothly and flawlessly. UPI is revolutionary tech by India and this app provides a good platform to use that.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IDFC Bank Limited
- 13.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © IDFC FIRST Bank
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.