Complete iOS Guitar Amps and Effects
- Hundreds of stunningly authentic amps and effects by Positive Grid
- LiveView turns your mobile device into a performance-ready processor
- Seamlessly open BIAS AMP models inside BIAS FX with one tap
- Download and share thousands of presets from ToneCloud™
WORLD-CLASS GUITAR PROCESSOR
BIAS FX Mobile turns your iOS device into an incredible sounding guitar amps and effects processor built on the backbone of our award-winning pro-level software. With an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, BIAS FX Mobile comes packed with a library of ultra-realistic boutique amps and a studio full of pro-level effects and the hottest guitar pedals.
POWERFUL BIAS ECOSYSTEM
The BIAS collection of advanced guitar hardware and software is built on the most robust amps-and-effects engine in the industry. BIAS FX Mobile works seamlessly with BIAS AMP 2 and BIAS Pedal apps to allow limitless customization of guitar amps and pedals.
CUTTING EDGE AMP TONE
With our penchant for perfection, BIAS FX is built on the backbone of our amazing, ultra-real BIAS AMP 2 tone engine. It’s a radically different approach to tone creation. We joined forces with the world’s top artists, engineers and recording studios to ensure our amplifier circuits are mind-blowingly authentic and best in class. The result? Plug in for an extraordinary playing experience with realistic touch response and ultra-responsive dynamics.
The BIAS FX universal app includes incredibly versatile, high-quality effects from vintage pedal simulations to newly added high-end rack effects. Mix, match and tweak to enter new sonic territory and create fantastic sounds never heard before. All effects are designed to work with BIAS FX’s easy-to-use, photo-realistic, drag and drop interface to dial in tone just like on analog studio gear.
The BIAS FX mobile app also allows users to connect to our ToneCloud, where players can find thousands of amps and effects configurations created by artists, producers and engineers from all over the world. You will never run out of inspiration, as the ToneCloud library grows daily. Settings can easily be downloaded and shared.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivaled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- Over 20 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP 2
- 81 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- 74 factory presets. Finding your tone is a no-brainer.
- Full integration with BIAS AMP 2 gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- LiveView mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX's output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app's preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
- Supports IAA (Inter App Audio) to expand your sound creativities.
Supported Audio Interface: iRig (all series), Apogee Jam/Jam Plus, Focusrite iTrack Solo, Shure MVi, Korg plugKEY, iConnect AUDIO and all MFi or Class Compliant audio interfaces with Lightning to USB adapter.
Join us at www.positivegrid.com, more is coming, we are just getting started!
This update is for fixing some minor issues and stability maintenance.
The Positive Grid Team
Ratings and Reviews
One of the Best*
I have had enough. 22 "updates" (bug shifts) in 24 months and every time one thing is "fixed" at least one more is broken. I get an argument from support about what is and isn't stereo.
A month later the stereo problem is fixed but the app crashes and won't restart without a reinstall. They are getting away with this and they shouldn't. Say what you will about Amplitube, Tone Stack, et al, at least they don't insult you with unfinished betas that you pay full price for.
I'm done. I wish I could recover all the money I spent on PositiveGrid products. You want Amp modeling hardware? Get a Kemper product...well, worth the few extra dollars. Send a message to Bias and Positive Grid; clean up your act!
*Bias Amp & FX have, IMO, the best sounding simulation engine.
But the quality control is the worst in the field. Always make your updates on a secondary device before committing them you your main unit. Bug fixes and version updates statistically introduce other failures more often than not. This is not likely to change, why, I have no Earthly idea. Always have ToneStack ready for your gig. It won’t let you down.
Developer Response ,
Hi, would you like to write us on https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, and tell us more about the problem you're having? We hope to hear back from you! Thank you so much!
BiasFX, Bias Amp, and Bias Pedal, just do it!
I am really enjoying this troika of tonal fun! It takes a little work to tweak each piece to fit your tastes but I have found the end result well worth a little effort. The X Drummer tie in is icing on the cake (great practice setup). I enjoy producing via a 12” iPad Pro more then a laptop these days, and this makes for the best of the modeling apps I have used. Add Amp and Pedal and it is off to the amusement park!
There is a surprising amount of touch sensitivity and breakup in the new version. You can easily dial in a gritty overdriven tone that cleans up as roll back the volume a lighten your attack. I hope the developers keep pushing the limits of this app, it is my go to for tone when recording via iOS.
we need an improvement for the live controls
I think the preset and effect controls were designed more for recordings than for live playing, I'm always playing the guitar live using a MIDI controller pedal and an audio interface and I feel it sounds great. but when I’m changing presets a cut in the sound occurs and the reverb and the delays stop working, that's frustrating. it would be excellent if they added a function similar to the snapshots in line6 Hilex to change predetermined effects in a single preset. in this way we avoid the sound cuts and the ambient effects can continue working, it is only a suggestion. I hope it makes sense and thanks.
- Positive Grid Inc
- 713.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Positive Grid Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Analog Effects Pack $9.99
- Effect Powerhouse Pack $9.99
- Classic Effects Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.